Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 loosing charge fast

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

New Charge 5 losing charge had it since beginning of month, was going around 4 days before having to charge and now gone from 100% to 53% in 5 hours

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Danielle_88.

I appreciate all this information that you've shared about the inconvenience that you've been having with your Charge 5. 

Before considering other options, please make sure that you've followed the steps provided in this articleIn addition, try to perform a restart following the steps listed here, this has been useful for other users experiencing something similar. 

The battery can last up to 7 days; because battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary, but the battery shouldn't be draining only after one or two days. Keep in mind that some features can drain the battery a lot more rapidly as well, like SpO2, Always On Display or GPS tracking. 

Hope this helps, I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've repeatedly read and followed all the steps and advice in the article.  My Fitbit was working without issue until 10days ago it started draining within a day.  3 days ago it with vibrate and shoe "add card" for payment.  I literally hit nothing or tried to use a payment method nor have I ever set it up to do so.  It repeated that screen 9 times in a row.  Absolutely frustrating to think a product less than 10 months old could fail.  My charge 3 still works but I bought the 5 because I liked the color screen.  Fitbit company has failed this time.  Giving the same vague advise to repair a problem that clearly doesn't work is not improving customer confidence. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was 2 months old when this happened three weeks ago. Fitbit refuses to provide any assistance despite the issue being caused by their firmware update at the end of July. My battery drains in an hour so it is literally unusable. Yet still they refuse to provide a reasonable resolution. Their version of a resolution is to tell customers they just have to wait until the next firmware update and they have no idea when that will be. 

Best Answer