Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 lost today's data with restart

I attempted to sync my Fitbit Charge 5 today, and it would not. I turned the Bluetooth on and off, but had no luck. Restarted my iPhone 14 - no luck. Finally, I did a restart. I had not synced in five days. It synced all days, but today - the day I walked over 22,000 steps. This is at least the third time the Fitbit will not sync on the days I have the most steps. Very annoying. I see this has been a recurring issue for well over a year now. 

Similar to this thread

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-5/Charge-5-lost-today-s-data-on-reboot/m-p/5274409#M28766

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Same here.  Problems since March 1.  Works for a part of the day sometimes but an hour or so before midnight, screen goes black, box X appears on screen, and all data is lost before midnight.  I’m not sure where the problem lies.  It seems to be technological in my opinion. I’m not certain buying a new Fitbit would solve the problem. The real clincher was this last time when the date showed Jan 1, a Saturday. The earliest date that could have been was Saturday, January 1, 2021. So, since they updated their system, could that cause that to happen? Don’t know. I’m sure tech-savvy Google employees might know more.

Best Answer

I had the same issue with a previous FitBit when it came time to track days when I had the most steps. I looked forward to seeing the progress on the app, only to have the FitBit not sync at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes