Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 screen is black

This afternoon my display screen went black and unresponsive.  Fitbit is fully charged.  Tried the process as instructed whereby I press the button on the charger 3 times.  I temporarily get the Fitbit logo but it then disappears and remains unresponsive.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I have the same issue 

Best Answer

It prob won’t work but keep it on the charger for a few hours then try the 3 button reset. After that if your Fitbit is responsive again keep an eye on how fast the battery drains.

I bet you will experience fast battery drain like most on the forum. If that’s the case contact support and if your device is in warranty they will send you a new one. If not you’ll get 50% off a new one if you dare. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue but didn't even get a fitbit logo. 

Best Answer

Thank, this is exactly what's happened to my fitbit over the last couple of weeks! I used to get at least a week or more out of the battery but recently I'm lucky to get 2 days out of it before it tells me battery is low. Then today, full charge but on screen info of any sort ..... black screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same thing. Tried a reset and still won’t sync and still a black screen. Any other ideas on how to get it working 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Left mine on the charger all night to 100%, was 39%.  Seems to be working fine this morning but will watch the battery as suggested by Jfeen.  Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have same problem today... 

Trouble shooting doesn't helped after contacting witch costumer service as well and now I can't even open chat for more help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit was still unresponsive when I went to sleep.....it was charged at 100% (confirmed by looking at phone app).  When I woke, still unresponsive and battery was down to 28%!?!?!    I just got off the phone with CS.  They tried over the phone to restart by going through a process where I  was instructed to change and install the clock face type.  I did that with no positive results.   I was then informed by CS that she was going to forward this to another group and that I would be receiving an email with further options.  So.....we shall see.  (I don't recall the warranty period on mine.  I believe I purchased it in 2022.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Referring back to my prior post where I mentioned that I was instructed to change and install a new clock face to no avail, I did later HAVEA success.  While it was not part of the verbal instructions when on the phone with the CS rep., I again completed the process of clicking on the charger button 3 times.   This time it WORKED in conjunction with the changing of the clock face.  Additionally, to this point there has not been any abnormal draining of the battery. 

To change the clock face, from your phone app, click on the little icon in the left hand corner that is a picture of a phone and watch.  Then click on the "Charge 5" under the "Connected to Fitbit".   From there Click on "Gallery".   Then at the top click on the work "Clocks".   Choose a different clock display than what you have currently then install.  Wait for process to be completed and then proceed to connecting your charger to your Fitbit.   Click the button on the flat end 3 times with a second in between each.  Then if successful you will see a new Fitbit icon and watch will be restored.   Good luck.

Best Answer