Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 won't receive text messages

I have a new phone and I can no longer receive text messages on my Fitbit.  I receive phone calls and calendar events, just not text messages.  I have tried multiple steps:  I removed the app, disabled Bluetooth, restarted and reinstalled the app.  Removed my charge 5 from the app and restated the charge 5 and of course restarted my phone multiple times, nothing is working.    

please help.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @BJ_D. It's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 5 is still not receiving text messages. I understand how annoying this can be, I will do my best to help you with this!

In addition to the steps you've tried, I'd recommend resetting the notifications settings on your Fitbit app. To do so, please try the following in the order listed:

- Sync your Charge 5
- On the Fitbit app > Tap on your profile picture > Tap on Charge 5 > Tap Notifications and you'll see the option to disable them or to turn them on. If they are already off, try turning them on. 
- Log out of your Fitbit app
- Force quit the Fitbit app
Restart your Charge 5 
- Log back into your Fitbit app
- Turn off the Notifications settings

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes