Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 not recording.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charged it overnight. Put on this am. Went for my usual 5km walk got home and noticed no steps, no heart rate just a clock face. What is going on? Less than a month old! Plus battery has drained to 47% in less than half a day. Not happy as upgraded to the 5 as my 4 kept not responding. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @LindaGosling.  

Thank you for sharing this information about the issue you're experiencing with your Charge 5. 

The restart procedure is usually helpful to resolve these type of issues. If you haven't done so already, I recommend that you try restarting the device using the three pulse restart method, instead of the restart option available on the device's settings: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times (end of the USB cable), pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

In addition to the restart, you can also try setting up your Charge 5 as a new device in your account if you're still having the same problem. Regarding the battery draining too fast, the restart could be of help, but you can also find some other recommendations to improve battery life in general here

Hope this helps, I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes