Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 not vibrating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, does anybody has the same issue? I am used to Charge 4 and my new charge 5 is not vibrating at all. It is not on DND or sleep or water lock or quiet mode. It is on vibration mode as Strong but yet nothing vibrates despite alarm set, timer test, notifications. I re started too. But still nothing. I truly think to be a faulty charge 5. Does anybody else concerned too please? 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Londonso.  

Thank you for all the details that you've provided regarding the inconvenience you've been experiencing with your Charge 5. 

I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. 

Have a great day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Dave, it has been a week now and I still have no feedback from the support team and no solution ahead. Frankly my new Charge5 is no use, no alarm, no timer, nothing except if I go to step counting. Should I send it back… seriously considering to get back to Charge 4 !! 

Best Answer

@Londonso Thank you for your reply. 

I've sent your information to the Support team again, but it seems they're still handling your case. I've seen it's been taking a bit more than usual to receive a reply from them, since it's a new device and they often need to verify things with a higher level of Support, but you should be receiving a reply soon. However, you can also contact us though chat or call us directly here

Have a good day. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem with my new Charge 5. I've tried all recommended fixes with no success. Please advise.

Best Answer
Hi Tah,
No solutions was found by the support team. All quick fix and reset were completely useless. The support team never came back to me instead they said they were assessing the issue î.e. see if more case arise and maybe put resource to look at it. Honestly I should have send it back. Which I am going to right now. Since September my Fitbit is completely useless to me!
Sorry I could not help further.
Best Answer

Brand new Charge 5. Not vibrating when I hit 10K steps. Is there a resolution?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Hi, thank you for your replies and welcome to the new users in the Community, @tah620 @Londonso @stacyll

I appreciate all the information that you've shared about this inconvenience with your Charge 5. If you haven't done so already, make sure to restart your device following these steps:  

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times, pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

In addition, please try setting up an alarm to see if you feel the vibration and make sure the Do not Disturb Mode and Sleep Mode are disabled on your device as well. If you already tried all these steps and you're still experiencing the same inconvenience, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Make sure to let the Support team know of the steps that you already tried, so they can provide you with more instructions. Thanks for taking the time to share all your feedback about the product as well. Please know that all your comments are greatly appreciated. 

Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had a terrible experience with Fitbit support. My Charge 5 bricked, and the authorized return has been bouncing around in their delivery system for a month now. Tracking shows it going back and forth from USPS to FedEx, from San Francisco to Connecticut... I'm in Los Angeles and the delivery address is in Calexico — 3 1/2 hrs away. Finally got them to send a replacement after half a dozen calls and chats. And yes, also having issues with vibration on notifications.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community forums, @Jesstifer.

Thank you for taking the time to share all your feedback about the replacement and the return process.

I'm sorry to see that you've been having this problem, but it's good to know that they've sent you a replacement unite. In this case, I recommend that you continue the communication with the Customer Support team so they can provide you with more information. 

Thanks again for all the information provided. The team continues to work to improve the Fitbit experience and your feedback is big part of that process. 

Best Answer
0 Votes