Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I bought a charge 5 from Argos last December & it has stopped working. As there are no more Argos shops how do I get a replacement since its under 12 months old? It is not holding its charge (battery dead within a day) & will not hold the correct time?

Any help would be much appreciated 🙏 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit community, @NikiJanes!

Sad to hear that you're having issues with your Charge 5. If you haven't done so yet, I'd suggest to see if restarting it will get things fixed. Before doing so you should make sure you've synced your device to not lose any data tracked so far. Also you should verify that the charging contacts on your device are clean and the charging pins on it's charging adapter are clean as well and can move flawlessly. In doubt, please have a look here:

How do I clean my Fitbit device?

Next please closely follow these instructions as timing is crucial for this procedure:

1.) Connect your Charge 5 to the charging cable which has to be connected to a reliable power source.
2.) Press the button located on the flat end of the charging cable 3 times within 8 seconds(!), holding each press for about 1 second(!).
3.) Wait around 10 seconds until the Fitbit logo appears on your device's display.

I'd like to point out that it sometimes requires more than one attempt to restart Charge 5. So, before throwing the towel, please give it another try.

If that won't work for you, I hope that this will help you to get service with your device:

Argos - Do I have to return my item to the store where I bought/ collected it? 

Argos - Aftersales Support 

As a last resort I'd recommend contacting Fitbit support for further assistance:

Fitbit Support Contact 

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit community, @NikiJanes!

Sad to hear that you're having issues with your Charge 5. If you haven't done so yet, I'd suggest to see if restarting it will get things fixed. Before doing so you should make sure you've synced your device to not lose any data tracked so far. Also you should verify that the charging contacts on your device are clean and the charging pins on it's charging adapter are clean as well and can move flawlessly. In doubt, please have a look here:

How do I clean my Fitbit device?

Next please closely follow these instructions as timing is crucial for this procedure:

1.) Connect your Charge 5 to the charging cable which has to be connected to a reliable power source.
2.) Press the button located on the flat end of the charging cable 3 times within 8 seconds(!), holding each press for about 1 second(!).
3.) Wait around 10 seconds until the Fitbit logo appears on your device's display.

I'd like to point out that it sometimes requires more than one attempt to restart Charge 5. So, before throwing the towel, please give it another try.

If that won't work for you, I hope that this will help you to get service with your device:

Argos - Do I have to return my item to the store where I bought/ collected it? 

Argos - Aftersales Support 

As a last resort I'd recommend contacting Fitbit support for further assistance:

Fitbit Support Contact 

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer