Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5- problem charging and screen blank, batter

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have Charge 5 for a month.  The screen went blank, will not charge and the battery is now dead.   I cleaned the back of fitbit and charger connection with rubbing alcohol on cloth and did not help.  I also tried to use charging cord pressing the button at the end three times to reboot it and that did not help at all either.  The battery is still dead, the screen is still blank after all of that.  I attempted to see if it would charge overnight plugged in and it did not help at all either.  Any suggestions at all?  very frustrated.  I just want a fitbit that will last.  I only had the last one (not a Charge 5 for a year before it stopped working).  Any suggestions on fitbits that last more then a year?

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

When you do the manual reset by pressing the button three times, does your fitbit not vibrate? Mine seems to be having the same problem as yours except that it does vibrate when I reset which leads me to believe that the display is just broken. I'm also pretty disappointed with this product.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit community, @Bs89!

Sad to hear that you're having issues with your Charge 5. As your device should be covered by Fitbit's warranty, I'd suggest contacting Fitbit support to get further assistance:

Fitbit Support Contact 

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, but I have had mine for about 18 months before that suddenly happened. No resets or cleaning seem to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, I've gone over the help forums and looked at reviews. This problem is fairly normal for the charge 5 as far as I can tell. I read a review where the at the end, the reviewer mentioned that they had to send the first one back to Fitbit and get a replacement before they could finish their review (always a great sign).

Fitbit has given about 38% effort at this point to help me. I've had two live chats that ended early before I could get anything resembling a resolution. Wondering if I'll ever get my money back.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have exactly the same problem. And it seems other people in the community started having this issue recently. Fitbit, I suspect it happened after your latest update of the firmware (I have version 20001.188.58)

Best Answer

Thanks for letting me know I am not alone in being disappointed in this product.  Mine does not vibrate, display is totally blank-nothing.

Best Answer

Thanks I will contact them.

Best Answer

Don't get your hopes up. If it's still within its warranty they will send you a new one that will inevitably break, but if it's not, then you're stuck with it unfortunately. I think most people on this forum are learning the same lesson. 

Best Answer