Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 randomly shuts down

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been having issues for about a month now.  I thought the latest update was supposed to fix this issue, but my charge 5 keeps randomly shutting down.  I have to reattach the charger and hit the reset button 3 times to get it to come back on, but it will shut down again after a bit of time.  What are you doing to fix this issue?  If the answer is buy a new unit, you have lost a customer.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I set up my brand new Charge 5  this morning around 10. It shut down about 5 hours later. There was a red circle with a white star in it on the screen, and it wasn't responding to anything. I spent an hour on the phone with customer service going through dozens of steps to try to narrow down the problem. My watch came back on BRIEFLY after I restarted my phone. It was lifeless again very shortly thereafter. I wish I had bought a different brand of fitness tracker, though I've never had problems with my fitbits in the past. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Charge 5 is a joke, too many complains, especially after the firmware update.

I loved the Charge 5, as long as it was working perfectly, but now I have said bye bye to fitbit, this was my last one.

Best Answer