Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 stopped holding a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit stopped holding a charge and keeping track of zone minutes, heart rate, sleep. Have updated and tried the button 3 times but never get the Fitbit logo afterwards. My Fitbit was purchased in October 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Ronokarski.

I appreciate all this information that you've shared about the inconvenience that you've been having with your Charge 5. 

Before considering other options, please make sure that you've followed the steps provided in this articleIn addition, try to perform a restart again by following the steps listed here below, this has been useful for other users experiencing something similar: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times (end of the USB cable), pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

Keep in mind that Active Zone Minutes are based on your device with heart-pumping activity throughout the day, so you won't receive them if your device is not tracking heart rate. If you're still having trouble with this feature, please follow the instructions in this article to improve the accuracy of heart rate information and check the information mentioned here about other factors that could affect your heart rate reading. 

Regarding the problem to track sleep, you can also find some useful troubleshooting steps here

Hope this helps, I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

I had a similar experience recently.  I also purchased my Charge 5 last fall.  It ended up not working at all so they sent me a RA postage pdf and I sent it back to FITBIT on 6-6-2022.  I'm waiting for the replacement.

Best Answer

We are presenting jumping through hoops with customer service. I’m sure we will be sending back as well. Thanks for your response, at least I know it isn’t just me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine barely last 24hrs even when doing nothing/sat in the office. Help advice seems to be Reset - which nothing as its up to date - plus disable all the functions you bought the device for - seriously? There's so many complaints about this device on these kinds of forums - i wish i'd read before purchasing. It's clearly majorly deficient in both software and hardware - how did it get anyway near commercially to market?

Best Answer

@JamescIV @Ronokarski @simon18990 Thank you for taking the time to share all your feedback and comments about this issue. I'm sorry to see the troubleshooting steps have not been successful. 

In this case, I do recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. They will let you know how to proceed. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call; you can click here to get connected. 

Thanks again for sharing your experience with this. The team continues to work to improve the Fitbit experience and your feedback is a big part of that process. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have contacted customer support and was told to wait for a firmware fix to come out. I have synced again, nothing. I still not convinced that a firmware will fix the battery issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Right I've been told 4 times the same thing. "Oh it's a firmware issue" and yet my Fitbit runs out of battery in less than 1hour. I don't believe it's firmware at that point. Been waiting a week for an email about a replacement and nothing yet. Fitbit has some of the worst customer service I've seen. 

Best Answer

I know this sounds strange but try the chat option. I had success with them today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's all I have done. All were chat options. They all tell me I will get an email for further instructions. But nothing. Every single time. I'll try again. 5th times the charm right? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE:

I received an email that my replacement has shipped. No explanation about why it failed yet.  ETA July 5...... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dang well I haven't even got as far as talking to someone that can actually submit a replacement request for me 😂. Good stuff. Glad you got a better resolution. I hope these guys don't have anything to do with the Pixel Watch coming out later this year. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

One more thing.. I just had a pressure relief valve fail (minor dripping) on my water heater that was still under warranty.  Called customer service at Rheem and they are sending me a new valve via fedex 2 day shipping.  They don't want the old valve back.  Fitbit wouldn't ship my replacement until they could confirm that it was collected at some facility.  The entire process is taking over a month since I dropped it off at the post office.  I think Fitbit would benefit from adopting a return policy that expedites things a little more like Rheem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, I appreciate all the feedback that you've shared about this issue with the Charge 5. 

Please know that the promised firmware for the Charge 5 will be released very soon. I recommend that you keep an eye out to make sure you receive the latest updates and we'll be happy to share more information in this thread once it's been officially released. Keep in mind that firmware updates are released progressively; it starts with a small percentage and then it extends to the entire community of users. 

If you already tried all the steps mentioned earlier to improve battery life, I would still recommend that you get in touch with the Support team for further assistance, since not all battery draining issues are related to the GPS chip problem that has been causing rapid battery drain. You can click here to see all the contact options. 

Thanks again for taking the time to share all your comments and experience. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

We get that @DavideFitbit But all we get from your support team is the same Copy and Paste response. I've done it 5 times already and all I get is "Please hold, there is an update coming soon" Every single time. Nothing to do with ok, let us replace our faulty devices. 

Best Answer
0 Votes