Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 stopped vibrating and giving notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 5 stopped vibrating and giving notifications a while ago. i googled how to fix it but the instructions made no sense. It also doesn't always update data to the app. For example, yesterday the watch said I'd walked 11000 steps by 7pm, but the app only recorded 2000. It won't add past data when it syncs today. it is only 6 months old.

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, it's good to see you visiting the Community forums for the first time, @Elvander.  

Thank you for sharing all this information regarding the issue you're experiencing with your Charge 5. 

Before considering other options, make sure the Do Not Disturb Mode and the Sleep Mode options are disabled on your device as well. When these features are On, it prevents the device from vibrating and receiving any notifications or goal celebrations. You can find them by swiping down from the main clock screen on your Charge 5. In addition, make sure to follow all the steps listed here to resolve problems with notifications if you continue to have the same problem.  

Regarding the device not syncing properly,  I recommend that you follow the steps listed here below as well: 

1. Try restarting the device using the three pulse restart method. 
  2.  Follow the steps listed here to resolve syncing problems.
  3. Make sure to check the compatibility requirements listed here 
  4. Keep the Fitbit app updated to the latest version available. 

Hope this helps, I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Even though i followed the above recommendations, my Charge 5 does not vibrate. Not for notification, not for alarms (set on the watch). DND and sleepmode are disabled and syncing with the phone works perfectly fine. My Charge 5 is only 3 months.🙁

Best Answer

This helped me. My Fitbit can once again vibrate for notifications. I was about to send it back!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 5 stopped vibrating with the alarms I had set on the phone. DND is disabled.

What is the 3 pulse method?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing these updates. 

If you already tried all the steps mentioned earlier, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, they will let you know how to proceed. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

@Caregivergirl The three pulse restart is the one that you complete using the charging cable. You can find the complete instructions here

@sjl66 That's great news, thanks for sharing this update!

See you around in the Community. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes