Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 stops working on Day 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just a quick word of advice:  despite Fitbit's statement that the Charge 5 is water resistant to 50 meters, I recommend taking it off for swimming and showering.  I looked at the "windows" (lights) on the back of the unit and the top one looks as if it has tiny bubbles inside.  Although I can't be sure this is why the unit failed, it certainly seems like the most plausible reason.  Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @LarryWalker , if you think your Fitbit has water inside, you can often dry it out by putting it in a bag of uncooked rice and leaving it there for 72 hours or so and then when you are certain that it is dry, giving it a good charge and then try giving it a restart.  The restart instructions are here .

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit community, @LarryWalker!

You can use Charge 5 for swim tracking, and it is meant to do that as it is water resistant up to 50 meters. However, that doesn't mean you can dive with it to this water depth.
So, as long as you're keeping an eye on some rules mentioned here, enjoy your device while swimming:

Can I swim or shower with my Fitbit device? 

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes