Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 stuck on Fitbit logo

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit charge 5 is flashing blue logo. Charged it and still flashing.  How do I fix this?  This watch is less than 6 months old

Please help 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Muni0519. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Charge 5.

Please note the issue you're having comes from performing a factory reset without first unpairing your Fitbit device from your Fitbit account and phone's Bluetooth settings. With that being said, I suggest following the steps below in the order listed:

• Unpair your Charge 5 from your phone's Bluetooth and also make sure it's no longer connect to your Fitbit app. 
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Set up your Charge 5 again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Charge 5.

If you can't get started with your Charge 5, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

If you continue having difficulties to update your Fitbit device, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Hi there, @Muni0519. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Charge 5.

Please note the issue you're having comes from performing a factory reset without first unpairing your Fitbit device from your Fitbit account and phone's Bluetooth settings. With that being said, I suggest following the steps below in the order listed:

• Unpair your Charge 5 from your phone's Bluetooth and also make sure it's no longer connect to your Fitbit app. 
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Set up your Charge 5 again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Charge 5.

If you can't get started with your Charge 5, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

If you continue having difficulties to update your Fitbit device, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thank you for the guidance. However it didn’t work for me. Contacted Fitbit customer support, and described the steps performed and they concluded it was time for a warranty replacement. Customer support was excellent.

Best Answer

Hi there, @MJH999. Welcome to the Community Forums. I'm glad to hear our Customer Support was able to help. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Followed these steps exactly and it did NOT work for me.

Best Answer

I also had this problem within the first week of getting my Fitbit.  I went into my Fitbit app and I changed the clock face and it reset. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not work. Watch resets. But then it’s stuck on Fitbit Logo… again… forever. I can reset it as many times as I want and it doesn’t go past the Fitbit Logo.

What happened: I was using my Fitbit without the App for a while and the clock showed the wrong time. I synced the Charge 5 and it showed the right time etc. I went on my treadmill for less than 1 hour. I finished my workout on my Fitbit to record the workout. 2 hours later it freezes on the Fitbit logo. I don’t know why because I didn’t reset it or charge it or do anything and it froze on the logo that appears after restarting.

After trying suggested answer: The Fitbit resets and vibrates and turns back on and I see the Fitbit logo… for 5 minutes!! I restart it 5 more times and Fitbit never gets past the Logo that should pop up for a second and then your click appears. No clock, no touch reaction… am I just screwed? I don’t see anyone else get this to work either. Is there no hard reset?? Seems like a poor design.

Best Answer

Follow up to my issue; Fitbit Customer Service had me troubleshoot and it didn’t work. So they said we are pleased to inform you that you are under warranty. Please check your email to see what offers have been made available. Okay…

So chat ends. I got an email. 2 options:

1) half off the price of a new Fitbit

2) complimentary replacement of current model.

I have a charge 5… it was and still is $150.

I really wish I had bought the cheapest version and got a 50% off offer. I’m on the fence as I have had numerous issues with the charge 5.

Anybody have any suggestions? I was thinking buy a new one with an extended warranty for 50% off but why buy something I expect to break… 3/5 of us that do challenges together have had their Fitbit fail on them in and out of warranty. The choices aren’t clear for the new condition replacement either..

If screen is Frozen, only the hard reset will work… It doesn’t erase your data. It just cycles the power off and on. Connect Fitbit to charger and locate reset button on the charging cord. It’s round and right on the usb male attachment. Press it 3 times quickly. The watch will reset after about 7 seconds. The watch vibrates and Fitbit logo should appear. (Well unless it’s totally gone fubar…)

If that doesn’t work don’t waste anymore time. Just contact customer support. After 30 minutes of troubleshooting they will offer warranty replacement if available or 50% off new device. Note: there is NO OTHER HARD RESET AT ALL. The other troubleshooting methods are soft resets. If hard reset didn’t work these are highly unlikely to work as well…

I wasted time thinking there’s gotta be another way to hard reset even if it deletes my data (I could simply sync it if that happened but nope!! I did the troubleshooting and wasted my time looking for better alternatives but everyone says the same 2 things…

Good Luck!!

Moderator edit: updated post. 

Best Answer

MarreFitBit,

I accidentally exposed mine to water, which was the cause for this issue. I followed your tips above, to no success, so I just called Fitbit phone support. They were unable to help because I had unpaired the device from my phone, so FYI this should NOT be done if your fitbit was exposed to water and the logo is flashing. 

Best Answer

My charge 5 woke me in the night because the fitbit logo is now permanently on. Bright light in the dark!! 
I have tried to charge it in the morning, no change. Have followed all the steps above, no change. Any advice?

Nor me and because my 5 was a replacement for my 4 they won’t replace it, despite it being less than a year old!!!

But you can swim with them? I’m so annoyed that my warranty was “carried over” from my old 4, so my less than a year old 5 is not covered. So annoyed! Not sure what to do… Apple Watch? Garmin? 

Best Answer

I had a similar issue.  Went for a hike, went to sync, it started to sync but was low battery..  Screen went back and when I charged it back up, now will not go past the logo screen no matter how many times I reset it.  Unpairing and all the other steps I did not try as it won't see blue tooth if it can't go past the logo screen anyway

Best Answer
0 Votes

It does not work. Your advice is really bad because the first thing that shall be done is to change the clock face, which you cannot do after following your advice. Fitbit is a bad product and advice shall be different: "if the warranty time is up throw this piece of junk away and get yourself a better pedometer. Please do not dispose of this junk into the garbage - respect nature!!!" 

you are lucky - mine (several) got broke after 12 months. Right after 12 months. Excellent timing for the company... except I will never buy one of those in the future

Best Answer
Yeah- sounds like you need a replacement. You can chat with Fitbit. They
will give the option to replace if under 1 year warranty or an option to
replace with a new model at a discounted price. I think it’s $50 off a new
model…

--
*Daniel T. Bortolini*
Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit Charge 5 is water resistant up to 50m, so water exposure shouldn't cause any issues unless you're scuba diving with it, and even then you'd have to go well beyond the average diver depth.

Best Answer

Mine is stuck on logo too. Only 6 months old will never buy another one

Best Answer

The moment you suggested unpaired was the moment you made it impossible for me to reconnect this device. It's the second replacement I've gotten in a full month. I want to know why your company offers the same broken, refurbished product instead of one that works. My replacement should have come brand new in a box.

Best Answer

Hi

This solution did not work for me. I wore my Fitbit Charge 5 in the water because it is supposedly waterproof. After it dried out I charged it as it had gone completely black. After charging it flashed the logo. Tried your solution, no joy. This was the second time I had a problem after water exposure. Do not get these wet! Now it is unpaired . still flashing, and I am an unhappy customer.

Best Answer

My charge 5 also started doing this completely out of the blue.  I wasn’t on my phone trying to reset it or anywhere near the app. I was just going about my day when it started flashing and vibrating. I’m not at home and won’t be for hours. Do I just let it flash and vibrate until it’s battery dies or is there something I can do without the charging cord with me? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I spoke to the support desk, and they no longer recommend unpairing the device as suggested in this article. Call them and they will connect remotely and try to help you out.

Best Answer

Just a note to everyone NOT to "make sure it's no longer connected to the app" as suggested here. If you remove the device from the app, customer support will later tell you that you shouldn't have done it.

I followed these steps and customer support told me that - because of this advice from their company's own moderator - I could do nothing to unfreeze my device, because the connection is necessary to try changing the watch face (apparently this can fix it). And now I'm stuck with a broken Fitbit, an offer of 35% off a new one (absolutely never buying another one), and frustration at this moderator and the customer service in general.

Best Answer