Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 stuck on Fitbit logo

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Like Lcbattle comment, charge 5 screen blank or if I put it on charge only Fitbit symbol  shows. Tried pushing charge button 3 times, uninstalled app and reinstalled. Can't pair/sync, it's like the Bluetooth on the watch is not working. Prior to this wallet notification been continually popping up for about a month. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Welcome to the Fitbit community, @TracyGr!

Sad to hear that you're having issues with your Charge 5. Thanks for having tried to get things fixed by yourself. I'd like to mention that restarting Charge 5 sometimes takes more than one attempt. Thus I would suggest giving that another try closely following these instructions as timing is crucial for this procedure:

1.) Connect your Charge 5 to the charging cable which has to be connected to a reliable power source.
2.) Press the button located on the flat end of the charging cable 3 times within 8 seconds(!), holding each press for about 1 second(!).
3.) Wait around 10 seconds until the Fitbit logo appears on your device's display.

Also worth trying is to let the battery of your device completely drain.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, I've tried the restart again with no success. As soon as I connect it to the charger the Fitbit symbol appears, when I do the restart it goes as is to restart however just stays in the symbol. I will let wait a few days'to let it run flat' however as there is no way to tell if it's flat it will be a guess.

Best Answer

Hey Tracy,

I had the EXACT same situation happen yesterday. Were you doing anything with the Charge 5 before it happened? Mine suddenly became unresponsive after I came in from a heated workout. I'm wondering if the Charge 5 died of heat stroke, LOL.

Fitbit is currently in the process of replacing mine, so that's an option for you to look into.

Best Answer

Hi there, @TracyGr. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Charge 5 before reaching out. @Talahthas Thank you so much for your help!

Since your Charge 5 is still stuck on the Fitbit logo, please try the following steps:

• Unpair your Charge 5 from your phone's Bluetooth and also make sure it's no longer connect to your Fitbit app. 
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Set up your Charge 5 again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Charge 5.

If you can't get started with your Charge 5, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

If you continue having difficulties to update your Fitbit device, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

@Zorn Welcome on board! I'm glad to hear our Support Team was able to help. 🙂 We hope to get you back on track soon!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update:

My Charge 5 randomly revived itself after shelfing it for a day. Everything is working normally so far. It doesn't seem to be the new firmware update, since mines on the previous version.

It's a very odd chain of events that leads me believe it was a temporary hardware error or a glitch.

Best Answer

@Zorn Thanks for getting back and the update. I'm glad to hear your Charge 5 is working fine now. 

If you still need help or have any questions/concerns regarding the outcome of your case, please feel free to contact our team back for further assistance.

Have a nice day. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Zorn thanks for your message, I think that's what's happened with mine, it's done it before after a hectic bout of gardening, trenching etc or a big bike ride but it revived after I restarted it then but alas this time I think it's not going to. Will try letting it run flat to the end of the week as a last resort.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi MarreFitbit, thank you, I tried all those things, even uninstalled and reinstalled the app, switched Bluetooth and phone off and back on. Unfortunately it won't even pair now, can't find the charge 5 watch even though it was connected to the charger etc, tried restart again but no luck. Will give it 5 days to hopefully run flat and try again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have tried all the tricks you mentioned here including leaving my Fitbit untouched for over a week until it dies completely. But as soon as it’s on the charger, it’s frozen with the logo. Pressing the button 3 times within 8 seconds with each pressing lasting either shorter or longer than a second doesn’t change anything. I am without my Fitbit for about 2 weeks now. What should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jay Blue, I had no luck with reviving my charge 5,  all the same issues. Fortunately it was 11 months old and I took it back to the supplier yesterday with the packaging and receipt  and they very kindly exchanged it for me. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem and followed your instructions. However when I turned on Bluetooth my Fitbit is not detected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Chris I agree as I uninstalled the Fitbit app in case that was the problem but when I reinstalled the app the watch would not pair, it was like the blue tooth wasn't working so I had the same problem there. I either had a black screen or the Fitbit emblem if I charged it and it would not restart. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi MarreFitbit, my Charge5 has been offline for weeks now and I have posted the details earlier. What should I do next? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have posted 2 messages and have got no response from the Fitbit team. Can you please advise who should I speak to in order to get a response? If anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know. I am stuck with a non-working Charge 5 for weeks now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi JayBlue when I logged in to reply a message came up saying they are experiencing high numbers of messages. If your fitbit is still under warranty try going back to where you purchased it from like I did. Alternatively maybe try contacting them through their website. Not sure what else you can do.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know how frustrating it is when your Fitbit product is not working. I
tried everything I knew what to do. I had several people tell me what to
try. I even talk to help & support. Have you tried disconnecting your
Fitbit App completely. Then reconnect again to see if it works. If your
Fitbit product is not very old. Try getting in contact with Fitbit. I know
they help me once they replaced it for me. Hope I helped you good luck. I
just went out & bought a new one
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried that. I am now waiting for my fitbit to fully discharge before trying again as I have also seen that suggested. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am currently waiting for my fitbit to fully discharge before trying to reconnect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am currently waiting for my fitbit to fully discharge before trying to reconnect.

Best Answer
0 Votes