Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 suddenly quit working

ANSWERED

Good morning,

About two weeks ago my 16-month-old Charge 5 quit working. I was on holiday at the time and did not feel like requesting support at that time. The device is unresponsive, does not sync, and does not charge. I have tried different solutions as found in the Fitbit forums:

• Resetting the Fitbit by pressing the button on the charging cable three times for a second;
  • Resetting the Fitbit by using the Fitbit app

Both do not solve the problem. What other options do you have to fix the device?

Regards, Marvin Woods

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Good morning, 

I had the same issue with my Charge 5. I called customer phone support from the app. They told me to order a replacement device (without charger and straps) and sent me a link with an order form within a minute after the call. Currently waiting for the parcel to arrive. 

In Germany we have a 2-year warranty by law, so the new device was free. 

Not sure where you live, maybe that works for you as well? 🙂

Regards
Lola

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Good morning, 

I had the same issue with my Charge 5. I called customer phone support from the app. They told me to order a replacement device (without charger and straps) and sent me a link with an order form within a minute after the call. Currently waiting for the parcel to arrive. 

In Germany we have a 2-year warranty by law, so the new device was free. 

Not sure where you live, maybe that works for you as well? 🙂

Regards
Lola

Best Answer

I don't have a button on my charging cord????

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Lola, we're neighbours (I live in the Netherlands). So I'll contact
support from the app!

Regards Marvin
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Lola,

We're neighbours (I live in the Netherlands) so I'll contact Fitbit support and talk to them.

Regards, Marvin 

Best Answer

If you have the correct charger the button is right next to the USB connector.

It took me a while to find it as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Knitalie 

There is a small inset button on on side of the USB end of the charging cable that came with your Fitbit. See picture below

Charge 5 Charging cable_pix.jpg

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes