Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 sync issues, resets on its own, cannot update firmware

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please I don't know why Fitbit Charge 5 is so horrible for such an expensive product please help!

Just bought one, tried to sync it multiple multiple multiple times to my phone - it does not work. It always says pairing failed. I have typed the code in like 10+ times. Tried resetting the watch via pressing the button 3 times, and also via resetting user data via the watch many times.

And then sometimes in a very buggy way the app suddenly recognizes the watch. But the sync is never working well as the watch seems to reset often. It reset when I tried to swipe to see the features. It also reset multiple times on its own when trying to sync and when pressing on the delete user data button. It cannot even allow the 'hold 3 seconds' animation to finish.

As the feature I am trying to use is the ECG app, it needs to firmware update the watch. Right now, the app is stuck on 'Looking for fitbit' page as whenever it gets to "Downloading....1%" the watch will randomly reset and the whole progress will never be able to complete.

I have also tried to get on online chat with "Luis. R" and was rudely kicked out very quickly after trying to verify the steps that he listed. And now it seems I am blocked from accessing chat again. This product has caused me great grief, and I would say it definitely did not help with the health of my heart, which I bought the product in the first place for. Please help!

Moderator edit: all-caps

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@t0nberry  I gave you a link to customer support so you could chose the method of your choice to contact them if the one you were using wasn't working. You posted that you were blocked, so I gave you a way to pick one of several options to re-establish contact with the support people. Have you tried the phone option? That and the chat, which you already used, are the best ways to reach a support representative.  Android 10 is now required for the Fitbit app to work properly, too. I'm on Android 9 myself. I've asked a Fitbit Moderator to stop by to assist you with this.

Best Answer

I invite everyone to please read over the Community Guidelines. We are trying to keep this forum friendly. Unless you see the word Moderator by the name, we are all just other Fitbit users, some with more experience than others. All trying to help each other. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @t0nberry.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced. Thank you for trying to get them resolved before contacting us.

Please be aware that we don't block users to get assistance via chat.

I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support via email. They have provided assistance to your case recently. For more information please check your inbox or your spam folder. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a high level of support. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

Thanks for your support, @Odyssey13 @SunsetRunner. 

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

Just posting the link was very unhelpful. I believe I have a right to express my frustrations but my post has been moderated. If you had posted this 2nd post in the first place it would have been very helpful. So please do that next time.

Also, unfortunately the fitbit app in Google Play says it requires Android 8.0 and up. Are you sure that Android 10 is absolutely required now? Are you unable to use fitbit now since you only have Android 9?? I am not willing to spend extra thousands of dollars to buy a new phone that has Android 10 just to get fitbit working (and this will just be one part of the heap of trouble that I'm having to deal with since the one I have reboots constantly).

Additionally, as an update the fitbit support team have said that I can send it back to their warehouse as a replacement, but it has been one week and I do not know how to facilitate the process. I also don't understand why it is taking so long. Please list out all the steps I have to take in the first place if the onus is on me now. But I suspect I am still waiting for over a week for an email 'from a higher team'. And what you mentioned is also very disturbing as I had ensured that my phone will be able to support the app before I bought the product (and it still says Android 8.0 and up in the Google Play Store) so if what you're saying is true then even if they send a working replacement it will be useless for me if I cannot use the app. Please let me know if 1. you have any ideas about the RMA procedure and 2. your source on the app only supporting Android 10.0+.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@t0nberry  Android 10 is the current minimum for the app to function properly. click to read. Now, that being said, having an older app means if for any reason you need to uninstall the app and that version is no longer available in the Play Store, then you have a problem. I'm fine for now and have the latest update (this month) with everything I need working. Android 10 being required is fairly new.

As for the RMA, that comes from customer support and they will get back with you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@t0nberry - Please tap here for our source of the information that Fitbit now requires Android OS 10 or higher. 

As for returns, here is the process I’ve had to take in the past. It is not a quick process. (In the last 10+ years, I’ve had to return 2 devices.)

• Contact Support. They will send an email with a return label you can print and attach to your box.
  • Take the box to what ever delivery service Fitbit specifies. Sometimes you can arrange a pickup.
  • Once Fitbit receives the box and processes it, they will send out a replacement. 
  • Keep track of your case number each time you communicate with Fitbit so they may refer to it. It makes it easier for them to help you. If you do not get a case number, ask for one. I like to use the chat feature when possible because it allows me to save the exchange. (Just a tip)

Since you are still waiting for the email, I would suggest checking your email spam folders then contacting Fitbit Support again. And again I remind you to keep it friendly here, not critical. In this thread, @Odyssey13 and I are NOT Fitbit employees … not trained customer support employees … just Fitbit users who are trying to help other users based on our own experiences and the Fitbit Help sections. We do not have the ability to edit or change your posts or process returns. I realize you are frustrated but this is not the place to air it. I hope my answer was helpful but if not, contact  Fitbit Support. 

Best Answer