Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello

My Charge 5 (about 3 months old) has a lot of trouble syncing. Only way I can do it is by going onto the app shop and pressing open on the app. Sometimes that doesn’t work either.  Very frustrating. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Community forums, @TraceyB

I appreciate all the information that you've shared about the difficulty you're experiencing with your Charge 5.

Before considering other options, I recommend that you try restarting the device using the three pulse restart method described here below: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times (end of the USB cable), pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

Keep in mind that you need to sync through the Fitbit app and not through the Bluetooth settings on your phone. In addition to the restart, let me know if you already tried all the steps listed here to resolve syncing problems, and make sure to check the compatibility requirements listed here and to keep the Fitbit app updated to the latest version available. 

I'll be around.

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate this information but why am I having issues everyday??? It seems as though it should sync automatic?  Every time I manually sync is says it can't and asks to fix it? Most of the time a refresh allows the sync to happen but recently has not.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your response in the forum, but I don’t have a button on my charge cable. 🤷‍:female_sign:

Kind regards
Tracey Brooke 😊
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t have that button either. Could this be the problem…need to update the charger?

image.jpg

Whoops! I just found the “button” and will give it a try. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you David.   Your recommendation did the trick for me.   I would note that when I first went through the sequence, I pushed the button and held it for a second with a one second count in between and it did not work.   The second time I did it, I depressed the button quickly (did not hold down) and did the one second count in-between once again and that did the trick.   The Fitbit icon did appear after 10 seconds and my Fitbit quickly synced after that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed every restart method possible. Watched YouTube videos & still cannot get my Fitbit to sync. 
it appears the last time data synced was 3/31/22. As of today, it has not reset the step count from yesterday. 
is there a warranty for a new device because this seems to be a widespread issue and for weeks my Fitbit charge 5 won’t sync. 

Best Answer

Brand new Charge 5 right out of the box. Downloaded the app.  Trying to synch to iPhone 8 with iOS 15.3.1 which I use with multiple speakers/headphones with the bluetooth connectivity. Fitbit app error: "Bluetooth is unsupported. This device does not support bluetooth communication".

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue and the three pulse method doesn’t restart it anymore.  It used to work.  I haven’t been able to sync in a few weeks

Best Answer

Hi everyone, thank you for sharing all your updates about this problem. It's great to know that some of you have been able to resolve after the troubleshooting steps. 

You can find the button on the charger here: 

button charge 5.jpeg

In case you're still having this problem or you continuously have to restart your device due to this inconvenience, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. They will let you know how to proceed. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Have a great day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer