Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 tracking heart rate wrong

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my Charge 5 about 3 months ago. It used to track my heart rate correctly, but not anymore. I'm doing exactly the same amount of exercise as before and with the same intensity, and checking my heart rate too, and it's just totally failing. It says I'm under 100 bpm when I'm actually 150. I followed some advice here and started charging it constantly so it always has more than 50% charge, but to no avail.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @evaqc

Thank you for sharing all these details about the inconvenience you've been having with your Charge 5 and for confirming that you already tried a few troubleshooting steps found in the Community forums. 

I've been informed that you already contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have gotten heart rates as low as 65 while in the middle of a workout.  My resting isn't that low!!  Super frustrating because I wanted to track my heart rate more than steps.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks for sharing that you've been having the same inconvenience with your Charge 5, @imblamy10.  

To ensure that your device is tracking information as accurately as possible, please try adjusting the position of the device on your wrist following the recommendations listed here. You can find some additional steps and recommendations about factors that can affect your heart rate data here

In addition and as a first steps, I would also try restarting your Charge 5 using the charging cable and then check if you continue to experience any abnormal behavior. Let me know how it goes. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes