Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 won't receive notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am not getting text and call alerts on my charge 5 . How do I fix that ?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 5 and to work on this together, may I know if the Sleep Mode and DND settings are turned off? If these settings are on, your tracker won't vibrate or turn on when receiving any type of notifications. You'll find more details about these settings here. Also, make sure the Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked for your preferred apps under your phone's settings > Notifications.

If the issue persists after double checking these settings, give a try to the following:

1. Forget your Charge 5 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections nearby.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app and restart your tracker.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  5. Try receiving a call or text notification to test your tracker.

Hope this helps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 5 and to work on this together, may I know if the Sleep Mode and DND settings are turned off? If these settings are on, your tracker won't vibrate or turn on when receiving any type of notifications. You'll find more details about these settings here. Also, make sure the Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked for your preferred apps under your phone's settings > Notifications.

If the issue persists after double checking these settings, give a try to the following:

1. Forget your Charge 5 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections nearby.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app and restart your tracker.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  5. Try receiving a call or text notification to test your tracker.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Thanks so much for this information!! I was having the same issue.

Both my sleep mode and DND modes were on. When I turned them off I started receiving notifications again.  Such a relief! I thought my charge 5 was defective. 

Best Answer

Welcome on board, @DevaraM.

You're very welcome! I'm glad the suggestions shared above worked for you and I hope you can keep enjoying the experience with your Charge 5. By the way, in case you haven't done so, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members. Keep up the super stepping! 😎

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of these suggestions worked for me to get my notifications back on my Charge 5. Is there something else I can try?

I ended up having to forget my device in the Fitbit app and from my bluetooth settings, restart my Charge 5, and start fresh as a new setup.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Teslaresa.

Thanks for your efforts, as well as sharing the steps tried on your own. I'm glad your Charge 5 is receiving your notifications correctly and I hope you can keep crushing your goals. By the way, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends and start your own topics. Keep up the super stepping! 😎

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did this too and it is still not working. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @Flextraveler.

Thanks for joining this thread and trying the suggestions shared above. I'm sorry the issue persists and given this situation, let's try reconnecting your Charge 5 to the Fitbit app with the following steps:

1. Forget the Charge 5 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Make sure you've turned off other Bluetooth connections nearby.
  3. Check if the Fitbit app is updated and reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile icon > Set Up a Device.
  5. Select your Charge 5, tap Replace Device and follow the on-screen instructions.
  6. Once that is done, try setting up the notifications one more time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Android phone stopped synching.  Called tech support and she got me synching again but my notifications are not showing up.  Even though I did the same steps in getting it to synch I re-did the above steps to try and get the notifications--  including taking the app out and reinstalling it and clearing the user data. Still no joy.

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums, @Mrs_Hookey.

Thanks for calling us prior to posting, as well as trying the suggested steps from my post. I'm sorry you're having this experience with your Fitbit device and because the possible steps were tried, I'd suggest contacting our Support team one more time so they can evaluate and see what can be done to bring you back on track. They're available via chat and phone, so please click here to get connected with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried these steps and it worked! However it didn't last long. The Fitbit Charge 5 stopped showing the text messages and phone call notifications from my iPhone 13 Pro. So i tried the steps again and have not had success. I have reached back out to customer support and my case has been escalated. Now i wait. Thanks for sharing your experience and steps!

Best Answer

Welcome on board, @TeeTeeAM86.

You're welcome, thanks to you for trying the steps shared in this thread. While I'm sorry the notifications stopped working afterward, I'm glad you're receiving help from our Support team. Rest assured your case is in good hands, so please keep an open communication with them. Have a good one! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I just got my new Charge 5 and it seems none of the steps are working to make it receive notifications:

- DND and Sleep mode are off

- I have restarted and re-paired the fitbit twice 

- I allowed the Fitbit to receive notifications from the phone

- Bluetooth is set to Share System Notifications

- in the Fitbit App, I have it set to receive notifications

- in the IOS, I have phone and text notifications set to always show previews

- the ONLY notifications I am getting are OCCASIONAL calendar ones, but it’s sporadic

I have read all the answers I could find and followed the advice. It isn’t working! Help!

Ack, new problem! Just tried re-pairing again and now the charge won’t connect to the app at all!!! It’s paired to my Bluetooth but does not connect to the app. Restarting the fitbit didn’t work. Turning the Bluetooth on and off didn’t work.

Moderator Edit: Merged replies

Best Answer

I have done all of these steps (twice) including the hard reset using the charger. Unit is syncing properly but still not getting notifications. I did have an Android update recently. Any thoughts?

Update:

I finally got mine going again using what Teslaresa did, replaced the device in the app as a new device.

Moderator Edit: Merged replies

Best Answer

Hi there, @Tangelo and @RayWho. It's good to see you here.

@Tangelo Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your Charge 5, and sharing every step tried on your own. I understand how frustrating this has been for you and I went ahead to check your details; however, I noticed you've contacted our Support team. I'm glad they're providing you with assistance, so please keep an open communication with them.

@RayWho I'm glad you sorted this out, and thanks for trying the steps suggested above. I hope you can keep crushing your goals!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Lizzy, I had the same problem and resolved it by changing my phone notification settings to allow previews. Is there any way I can receive text notifications without having to show message previews on my iPhone? 

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums, @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing the steps that worked for you. I'm sure your post will help other members experiencing similar issues.

About your other question, let me share that when syncing with an iOS phone, it's required to have Show Previews set to Always or When Unlocked in order to receive notifications. I'm sorry if this causes any inconvenience and I appreciate your feedback. Please know we'll keep working to improve our devices, as well as their features.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did everything suggested in this thread and I can’t get notifications working with my iPhone again. I just bought my charge 5 last week. Text notifications and calls only worked for one day. This is something I came to depend on with my charge 2, looking for any other suggestions!

And after a few more texts were sent it suddenly started working again. Go figure! Hopefully it will stick this time!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @artfulmee.

Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 5 and the steps you've tried so far. I'm glad the notifications are working well and I hope you can keep enjoying the experience with your new tracker.

By the way, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends and start your own topics. Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have followed the outlined steps you have given and even removed my charge 5 from my account to re-add and still am not recovering notifications to my watch. 
Is there something I am missing?

Best Answer