Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 won't sync anymore

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit5  sync to my phone for the 1st 6months.
Now it won't.
Tried all options, and no success.  !!!!!!!
Always came back to a screen asking for some $35.00 per month.
All I wan't is to get my heart rate, and my sleep data.
I'm not interested in the other function ofered. (At a rip off price per month).
I paid some $200.00 for the Fitbit 5.
Now 6 mounths later it is USELESS, as I don't get my heart rate, and my sleep data.
I'm VERY DIDEPOINTED in the Fitbit product range.
Regards  Argie.  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I had posted earlier that my Charge 5 wasn't syncing either.  I just noticed the manual at the top of the Charge 5 page and followed the instructions to restart my Fitbit from the settings screen on the device and it's working now.  It put all the steps for 2 days all on one of the days and zero for the other but that's not too bad.  Looks like everything else is there.  That restart might work for you too.  

Best Answer

Hi there, @Argods. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. It's sad to hear that your Fitbit device stopped syncing after one year six months of working perfectly. I understand why you're feeling disappointed. I appreciate your time in trying to troubleshoot this issue, I'll be glad to continue assisting you. @Lgore35 Thank you so much for your advice, I'm glad to hear that the restart did the trick for you. 

As a first approach, would you mind giving me more details of the message you're receiving? I haven't heard this before, I'd like to take a look at the screen you get. To have a better idea of what this might be, please attach a photo of the message so I can go from there. 

To properly attach your image, you can just copy and paste into the composition box. If the image is on your clipboard, it should paste into the message just fine.

Alternately, you can click the camera icon when composing a reply, and you'll get an interface to attach your image.

MarreFitbit_0-1704189266444.png

Regarding the syncing issue, since I do not know exactly the steps you've done so far, please try (or confirm you've attempted) the following steps in the order listed:

• Unpair your Fitbit device from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Fitbit device.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Fitbit device.
  • Once your Fitbit device is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

With the steps above, what I want you to do is to pair your Charge 5 first to your phone's Bluetooth settings before any other Bluetooth device is connected to your phone. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes