Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 won't sync with my iPhone 11

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having problems syncing with my iPhone 11. The problem started yesterday but has got worse today. Very frustrating 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @L-B12. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Charge 5. I understand how you must be feeling. 

If the steps provided by @Talahthas don't work, please try the following:

• Unpair your Charge 5 from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Charge 5.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Charge 5.
  • Once your Charge 5 is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

With the steps above, what I want you to do is to pair your Charge 5 first to your phone's Bluetooth settings before any other Bluetooth device is connected to your phone. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Fitbit community, @L-B12!

Sad to hear that you're having issues with your Charge 5. Please make that you're running iOS 15 or later on your iPhone to meet current Fitbit system requirements. Also please check if there's an update available for your Fitbit app. 

If all is ready to run and still doesn't work regarding syncing, I'd suggest to have a closer look here to see what might fix your issue:

Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @L-B12. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Charge 5. I understand how you must be feeling. 

If the steps provided by @Talahthas don't work, please try the following:

• Unpair your Charge 5 from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Charge 5.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Charge 5.
  • Once your Charge 5 is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

With the steps above, what I want you to do is to pair your Charge 5 first to your phone's Bluetooth settings before any other Bluetooth device is connected to your phone. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thanks for help. I’ve sorted it now. It did take me 4 attempts to reconnect the Bluetooth and my screen froze on the PIN code screen but everything is ok now. 

Best Answer

@L-B12 I'm glad to hear your issue is solved now. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your feedback, @L-B12, keep moving with your Charge 5!

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to come back.

Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer

Thank you so much, now my wife's Fitbit is working properly.

Best Answer

You're welcome, @gmaillogin!
We're all here to help you, and we are extremely thankful for every feedback we get.

Have fun with your Charge 5!

Best Answer
0 Votes