Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 won't turn on

Several days ago, my charge 5 went black, and I could not get it to come on.  It was at 80 % charge, and I charged it to 100%.  I tried dozens of times to reset it, but it still won't come on.  This evening, when I reset it, OR turn on the app, the logo appears for about 3 seconds, then the screen goes black again for about 7 seconds, then the pattern of logo and black screen repeats for several minutes.  Eventually it just stays black

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Fitbit community, @OldHippie!

Sad to hear you're having issues with your Charge 5.
As it is a little tricky to restart Charge 5, I'd suggest giving it another try to do so by closely following the instructions below. Before doing so you should make sure you've synced your device to not lose any data tracked so far. Also you should verify that the charging contacts on your device are clean and the charging pins on it's charging adapter are clean as well and can move flawlessly. In doubt please have a look here:

How do I clean my Fitbit device?

Next please closely follow these instructions as timing is crucial for this procedure:

1.) Connect your Charge 5 to the charging cable which has to be connected to a reliable power source.
2.) Press the button located on the flat end of the charging cable 3 times within 8 seconds(!), holding each press for about 1 second(!).
3.) Wait around 10 seconds until the Fitbit logo appears on your device's display.

If that really won't work for you, please try if changing your device's clock face will get it back to working order. Here's how to do that:

How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device? 

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer

Hi there, @OldHippie. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 5 is still not turning on. I understand how annoying this can be, I will do my best to help you with this!

I've seen you contacted our Support Team just right after posting here and they've already assisted you. If you have any questions regarding the outcome of your case, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team again. Since you already have a ticket open with them it'd be easier to continue the follow up on this matter with them directly. Thanks in advance!

@Talahthas Thank you so much for your assistance. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes