Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead charge5 AGAIN

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hmm…seems like 60 days is the lifespan on a charge5.  Started using the replacement one that was sent to me (because my first one died after 2.5 months) in October and here we are with another dead charge5. The screen is completely blank. It buzzes on the charger but nothing lights up on the screen. Tried all the reboot stuff yet here we are. Really unhappy customer. 

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Have the exact same thing (possibly). What firmware version are you on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t know. They are sending me a replacement though. 2nd replace in 5 months. What a piece of garbage. Lol

Best Answer

They told me I need to wait until tomorrow because a firmware update is currently rolling out but my fitbit's been screendead for two weeks. ....Did I just get a run around?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. The first time this happened to me in August it took 3 weeks before they would even check my warranty- for a TWO MONTH OLD device - which stated I was eligible for a replacement. This is my 2nd charge5 since June and the 3rd is on its way. Absolutely shameful. Clearly this device needs to be recalled because they just can't get it right.  By my calculations I'll need a new one before March. 

Best Answer

I'm now on my FOURTH - bought it May this year. 

I agree about 60 days. Mine is every two months.  I do wear it for sea swimming but it is marketed as waterproof. Do any of you other people swim in yours? 

Purchased mine from Curry's. This time I asked for a refund so I can buy a different brand but they refused without an Uplift Number from Fitbit, which Fitbit refuse to give because I didn't buy from them!! 

Diabolical. I'll see how this one goes (should fail early Feb) and if it stops again try claiming against credit card because I dont want to get lumbered when the warranty ends in May. 

Previously had a Fitbit 4,no issues. 

They are not even asking for the old one back any more, I have two dead ones plus the one that has just arrived. 

Best Answer

Interesting!!!!  Both times mine cropped out I got caught in the rain. I just ran a marathon on Sunday and it rained most of the race. I bet these things aren't actually waterproof.

Best Answer

Nudged them again, got a different agent, this person sent me the replacement link request immediately after confirming I'd tried everything.

I think I took mine swimming once. Could just be a bad batch out there?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's a very big bad batch of that's the case because this is happening
consistently to me every two months.
Best Answer

My battery is dying after 8 hours, and it takes forever to get to a 100% charge. After researching, it seems like a major issue with the 5. Beginning to think I need a different brand, but I've paid for Premium. This sucks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. Replacing the charger seems to have fixed it.

Best Answer
0 Votes