Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECG - Inconclusive Charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am not able to get the ECG to give me any results other than inconclusive.  I've uninstalled the app, forced quit my phone app, restarted everything and all I get is inconclusive "the app couldn't get a good ECG reading...  I'm sitting as still as possible with arms on table, I don't think my device is too loose and it is on the correct wrist as far away from electronics as possible...  Does this actually work or am I just very unlucky?  Tried 8 times today and no usable results...

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Doxiemomkc

I appreciate the information provided about this issue with your Charge 5. 

If you haven't done so already, please try setting up your Charge 5 as a new device in your account and check if you continue to have the same problem. If the issue persists, please try the following combination of steps: 

1. Uninstall the ECG app from your Charge 5.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app and restart your tracker.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  4. Install the ECG app one more time and make sure the permissions are enabled.
  5. Tap Discover > Assessments & Reports > Heart Rhythm Assessment to double check if still appears completed 
  6. Try taking a reading one more time and let me know how it goes.
Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Doxiemomkc   Please jump to page 5 of the Fitbit ECG App Physician's Guide.  There is a list of reasons why users can get an inconclusive result with your additional description.  One thing I would add is to touch the sensors, but don't squeeze too hard on the sensors.   Squeezing too hard can create muscle motion artifact.  Sadly, the last reason on the list is there are some people whose ECG signals can't be interpreted by Fitbit's algorithm.  You can forward one your ECG recordings to your doctor and a set of trained eyes can review it.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you even uninstall  or install the ECG app on the Fitbit (Charge 5)? It was already installed when I bought my tracker two days ago. If I touch the app icon in the middle of the screen, the screen shuts off. And I don't see any install/ uninstall options for the ECG app on my paired Samsung phone. So , not sure what to do.

I've just tried now about 8 times this afternoon but keep getting "inconclusive." It was working fine yesterday. today, my heart rate is higher. Could that affect the app?  Oddly, if I look at my Charge 5 main screen, it displays a recent BPM rate. But ECG app itself does not work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rkdash 

Try moistening your finger tips before using the ECG app, if your fingers are too dry the sensor can't get a good reading.

Gary D.| Feeding Hills, MA MBG PE

Charge HR, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire 2, Charge 4, Charge 5, Pixel Watch 2

Best Answer

@rkdash Thanks for confirming that you're having this inconvenience as well. 

To uninstall the app from your device, you can do it from the Fitbit app > Go to your profile > Charge 5 > Gallery > Apps > ECG app > Uninstall. Let me know if you continue to have the same inconvenience after all the steps suggested. In addition, please keep in mind that ECG feature is not available in all countries for the moment.  I recommend that you review this list  to check if your country has been added.

@gdio53 Thanks for sharing this recommendation! 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer