Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECG availability on Charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would have responded to the other thread but its locked.

I bought my first Fitbit (charge 5) soley for the ECG monitor.  I am extremely disappointed in that the one feature I wanted, ECG, is not even a feature yet.

This is blatant false advertisement, I came to fitbit.com in search of ECG information and all searches point here: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/ecg

There's clear pictures of a Charge 5 alongside the sense. ZERO asterisks!

ZERO ASTERISKS!!!

Only further down the page is the country availability, which reads as if its simply stating availability of the product itself not a feature of that product.  And knowing that the charge 5 is available, one can only assume the page is outdated.

I'm aware there are more clear markers on the product page, but the ECG page is all I was after. 

I then verified ECG features on Fitbit's own Amazon store... and what do you know, more false advertisement!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BXQ4HMB

The only disclaimer on the Fitbit Amazon store page can be found if you thumb through the features images... if you inspect those carefully... every feature is either "not available in all countries" OR a premium membership feature!

Sad..

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hi, welcome to the Community forums, @matt081.  

Thank you for sharing all your feedback and for your inquiry about the Charge 5 and the ECG feature. 

As you mentioned earlier, there's a list of availability per country for the ECG feature, but it is one of the features that will be coming soon for the Charge 5 with a firmware update. Fitbit announced this product including the ECG option, so they're excited to implement this very soon. Although we can't provide a specific date, we know that it will be released sometime in November 2021, so I recommend that you keep an eye on the app to look for future firmware updates and make sure to sync regularly as well. 

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, have a good day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, that's the sole purpose I "upgraded" from the Versa. Which now I realize was a major downgrade for me. No stair tracking either, that was one of my major goals. I'm very angry about the lack of disclosure. It is false advertisement and I received a free premium membership to try it. Guessing that will run out just in time for the ECG to be added. 😞 Never been so disappointed with any Fitbit devices and I own almost all of them. 

Best Answer

I'm in the USA and received a firmware update today, now I have the ECG app on my Charge 5. 

Best Answer

I'm in the UK and have just installed the update and now have the ECG app and daily readiness score (though won't get an actual score for 4 days apparently).

Best Answer

I’m in Sweden and received the ECG app today. So far so good.

Best Answer

Hi Fiona, I am assuming your ECG must have setup ok?  Mine doesn't seem to be working as I seem to be missing out a step in the setup 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wahoo! Mine just updated! Funny that update happened the same day I decided to search why ecg still wasn't added. Seems to work okay too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing your feedback about these features @Griffy08, it seems that the Daily Readiness Score will be released with this update as well! 

Welcome to all the new users and for the replies, @mikey_pdx @fionac @Walkman55 @JemW60. It's great to know that you have received the update!  😁

Have a great day. 

Best Answer

I've just received update (version 57.20001.149.11) and no ECG app available. What could be wrong? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jem; yes it all set up fine.

I had to watch the video to find out how to do it, but it all worked OK.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @35Lipi ,

Me too.  You might be in an unsupported country like me.  If so, you won't get it until it becomes available in that country.  If you scroll down the page in the link, you can see the list of countries.  If your country isn't listed, let's hope the app will come to us soon.

ECG Country List 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, After going through the same process about 6 times it suddenly showed up as working. Hurrah! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Wibby 

You are right. I live in Slovakia... 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great news, @fionac @JemW60! Thank you for sharing the you've received the update and the ECG feature. 😁

Thank you for sharing your inquiry as well, @35Lipi. As @Wibby has kindly mentioned, the ECG feature is not available in all countries for the moment. Unfortunately it would not be possible to receive the feature by changing the location on the Fitbit app, sincethis feature often requires the approval of certain agencies and institutions of each country before they can be activated for use, so that's why this requirement can't be bypassed by changing the location. 

I recommend that you review this list periodically to check if your country has been added. In the meantime, you can also vote for this idea posted in the forums: Make ECG available in all EU countries. This section is monitored regularly by the team of developers. You can also post a separate idea to add ECG feature in Slovakia. 

Thank you again for all the feedback provided.

Have a good day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I couldn’t agree more. False advertising. I too am very sad and angry as I bought the charge 5 because I read about the ECG. Yes only later after much investigation do I read that this is not possible in uk. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ssmmaa   The UK is on the list of countries that has the ECG app available.  If your Charge 5 is brand new, it has the firmware from when it was manufactured.  The ECG app became active with a firmware update.  You should get this update in 24-48 hours.

There is a different feature called an Irregular Rhythm Notification that uses the optical heart rate monitor to look for signs of Afib.  This feature is new and is US only.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. Yes after two days of wearing the Fitbit, the ecg part showed up. It didn’t initially but apparently that’s normal. I wish I could have read that earlier as I then wouldn’t have panicked.
Thanks for the info.
Sandy
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for confirming that you're now able to see the feature, @Ssmmaa! The UK is indeed included on the compatibility list.  

Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes