Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECG in South Korea Charge 5

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I'm considering purchasing a new smartwatch, and was waiting for new Apple watch release (to be honest).

In South Korea, the manufactures have to earn approval from 'Ministry of Food and Drug Safety'(similar to FDA in US) in order to sell watches with ECG.

As I know, only Samsung and Apple got the approval and selling their products with ECG.

I found upcoming Fitbit Charge 5 and Fitbit Sense have the ECG features.

I know it took time for getting approval for ECG in South Korea. However, it is a year past from the release of Fitbit Sense but there is no sign of updating ECG features for Fitbit Sense.

Are there any progress in getting approval for ECG feature in South Korea? Or Did Fitbit decide not to put any effort for that?

I know South Korea is a small market for Fitbit, but I think Fitbit smartwatches are very competitive with other watches with various features and sensors and can grow up.

If Fitbit watches are capable of measuring ECG in South Korea, I wouldn't hesitate to order one from Fitbit.

But in these circumstances, I'm still waiting for other watches.

Could you please tell me the current progress of getting approval for ECG in South Korea?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, welcome to the Community Forums, @IRREG.

Thank you for sharing your inquiry about the ECG feature. 

As you may know and as you've mentioned before, the ECG app is available in certain countries that are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations related to our medical products. I understand how much you'd like to take advantage of this app in South Korea and our team is working hard to bring it to all our Fitbit users across the world. Rest assured your feedback won't go unnoticed. Please keep an eye to this link for future updates about the availability of this feature.

While we don't have further details about the approval in South Korea, our team will keep working to have it available for you.

Have a good day.

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi, welcome to the Community Forums, @IRREG.

Thank you for sharing your inquiry about the ECG feature. 

As you may know and as you've mentioned before, the ECG app is available in certain countries that are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations related to our medical products. I understand how much you'd like to take advantage of this app in South Korea and our team is working hard to bring it to all our Fitbit users across the world. Rest assured your feedback won't go unnoticed. Please keep an eye to this link for future updates about the availability of this feature.

While we don't have further details about the approval in South Korea, our team will keep working to have it available for you.

Have a good day.

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer