Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 5 Display went blank

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I am a very happy Fitbit user. I started with Fitbit Charge 2 and then end of 2021, I changed to Fitbit Charge 5.

This morning the Fitbit was working fine and suddenly the display stopped working in the afternoon. I did a restart thru the charge cable. I can sync to my phone but there is still no display. What do I do? I am so dependent on my Fitbit for all tracking and even sleep with it to review my sleeping pattern. Please help

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

Welcome to the Community forums, @rathiv 

Thank you for sharing that you've having this inconvenience with your Charge 5 device and that you already tried a few troubleshooting steps. 

If you already tried to complete the 3 pulse restart procedure and you continue to experience the same problem, please try these additional steps that have been useful for other users:  

1. Please follow these steps in case you're having trouble to charge your device. 
  2. Please sync your device in the Fitbit app by tapping your profile picture > Charge 5 > Sync Now.
  3. If you  can't sync, tap on your profile picture > Charge 5 > Tile to see if a firmware banner appears. 
  4. If it's still unresponsive, please try changing the clock face as well and check if you're able to see anything on the display. 

Hope this helps, I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

I'm experiencing the same issue today -- my Charge 5 screen went black and won't come back on. I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps above multiple times: 3 pulse restart procedure, sync, check for new firmware, and change clock face. The Fitbit vibrates during the restart procedure and when choosing a new clock face, so I know it's not completely dead. There's just no display at all. Any advice?

Best Answer

Hi, 

last night when I tried charging the Fitbit, I could feel the vibration but this morning I saw that it wasn’t charged and when tried charging, the battery is not charging at all..

What should I do now? 
tried the hard reset and nothing happened.

please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem and I did all of that but it still didn't fix my problem it does vibrate when I change face or the 3 pushes on the charger

Best Answer

Mine does not vibrate anymore

Best Answer

I swear, these are the most unreliable wearables on the planet. Our Charge 5 is also doing the black screen. Going Apple Watch next for my mom as we don't have these issues with our watch. Shame. 

Best Answer

Anyone can contact me directly for next steps?

Best Answer

Unfortunately, it seems that the latest firmware update has caused this issue, along with sudden loss of battery power, for many of us. 

The best advice is to contact Fitbit support. They will walk you through the same troubleshooting procedures. If they confirm that your device is still under warranty and the procedures did not fix the issue, they should send you an email with an offer to replace the device or a discount on a different device. If your device is out of warranty, I believe they send you an email with a discount on a replacement. 

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

Hi everyone, thanks for confirming that you already tried all the steps suggested and that you continue to have the same issue with your Charge 5. 

In this case, since you already tried the basic steps shared in the forums, I do recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. They will let you know how to proceed. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. You can click here to get connected.

Have a good day. 

Best Answer

So, if the screen is blank and cannot display anything, you want the user to "change the clock face"???   How are they going to do that if the screen is blank??? 🙂

Best Answer

Greetings! The clock face can be changed through the app on your phone by touching your photo and then selecting gallery. Choose any new clock face. Once it changes and your screen is visible, you can change it back to the one you prefer. However, your fitbit must be synced to your phone first. 

-----------

I had trouble syncing, so I tried the 3 pulse reset multiple times. It synced! Then it stopped syncing about 30 minutes later. I repeated the 3 pulse reset and the clock face went black. Because of the time it took to reset multiple times, it is100% charged. Now I cannot change the clockface through the app since it's not synced. Is there anything else I can do? This is a replacement fitbit for an original purchase in November,  2021 that I received in November 2022. Thank you!

Best Answer

@MeadowMuffin Thanks for your reply. 

The clock face can be changed from the Fitbit app and it's been useful for some users having a black screen. I've been informed that you already contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance with this and it seems they've shared some instructions with you. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. 

@Kari-S Thanks for confirming that you're not able to change the clock face and that you already tried the three pulse restart. I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, one night i just removed my Fitbit Charge 5 before going to sleep. And next day its black, tried all troubleshooting and nothing happens, not my Fitbit charge 5 is removed from app. When i scan, the app detects my fitbit but cannot proceed to connect because my screen is black and i cannot see the 4 digit code to proceed. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

This has happened twice to my device. The first time was after 2 months of ownership and they sent a replacement. The same thing just happened again after 9 months. Wonderful product they manufacture. Sigh...

Best Answer

I was wearing mine, looked at it and it was fine, the next time I looked at it, it was black. Tried everything but nothing.

Would someone please fix this. 

Best Answer

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community and for all your replies, @markydr @TheFinn242 @TamieB61

If you haven't done so already and if you already tried all the steps shared earlier in the thread and you continue to have the same problem, please make sure to get in touch with the Customer Support team so they can provide you with the next steps. You can click here to get connected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me too, all after the latest firmware update. I've been scanning the forums for hours and it seems that it's been happening to most users who updated their devices.

Best Answer

Hi, thank you for confirming that you've been experiencing the same problem with your Charge 5, @Jen1122.  

Thank you for sharing all these details about the inconvenience you've been having with your Charge 5 and for confirming that you already tried a few troubleshooting steps. 

I've been informed that you already contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah they said because I’ve already had this issue and a replacement I’m now out of warranty and they gave me 30 percent off a new device …. Not going to purchase this product will go with apple . Not sure how this many people can experience the EXACT same issue with the same device and it not be a manufacturing issue. It’s obvious these steps to fix the Fitbit are temporary if they even work at all. 

Best Answer