Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 5 battery life

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A few days ago, my Fitbit Charge 5 stopped holding a charge. It comes off the charger at 100% and is completely dead in under 1 hour. I’ve talked with customer service and reset, checked my gps and display settings and it isn’t any better. Customer service let me know there’s a firmware update in the works but can’t guarantee when or if it will fix the battery issue. Meanwhile, I can’t use the watch and I’m coming up on my 1 year warranty ending, so I don’t really want to wait and see.  Can Fitbit offer any concrete resolution to this issue, or a guarantee that my warranty will be honored if the software update doesn’t resolve the battery issue? Extremely disappointed in product and customer service as a first-time Fitbit customer…

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Stinawalker

Thank you for sharing all these details about the inconvenience you've been having with your Charge 5 and for confirming that you already tried a few troubleshooting steps. 

As you mentioned earlier, the team is working to release a firmware version soon to address the issue with battery life being affected by the GPS chip. In this case, since you already tried all the basic steps shared in the forums and help articles that are usually helpful to improve battery life, I do recommend that you continue the communication with the Customer Support team so they can review the warranty status and let you if there are any options available for you. 

Thanks again for all the information provided. The team is always working to improve the Fitbit experience and your feedback is big part of that process. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fyi. I resolved many of the issues related short battery life.  A big drain is leaving the screen on auto.  If u moves your arms alot it constantly goes on.  Sleep mode appears the way to go unless u want to read screen while exercising. On Mon morning my ch 5 was at 99% , I am now at 73% on wed afternoon. Not bad. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's good news, thank you for sharing this update, @Franniedc!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do have mine in auto but I turned off gps on watch and only use on walking or running outdoors and if you need and if you really want to save battery and have phone with you keep gps off and use gps on phone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for taking the time to share the steps that have been helpful for you to save battery life, @Sdumond

See you around.  

Best Answer
0 Votes