Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app Update is terrible

The latest app update for my charge 5 is just awful. Not only is the layout impossible - not remotely intuitive or user friendly, all the data is off - it won’t log my sleep correctly anymore (usually says I slept 2 hours or no hours at all when I slept 7). Resting HR is messed up. 

I’ve worn Fitbit Charge for a few years and have had ever version since version 2. But if there’s not a fix soon, I’ll be tossing this thing and going to another brand altogether. This does absolutely nothing at all to meet my purpose in wearing it. Major QA fail this update! And major thumbs down on the design 

----

Seems like they didn’t both beta testing it at all before the release! I’ve
loved Fitbit for 5 years now and haven’t been tempted to look elsewhere but
I sure am now. My sleep and HR are all messed up too. And they’ve had
plenty of time to fix the glitch since the update - almost seems like this
is what it is going to be!

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

Sadly, after five years, I stopped using my device two weeks after downloading the new app because the device was no longer reliable, interesting, or fun to wear.  The layout was cumbersome and not user-friendly. The app did a poor job tracking my sleep pattern, heart rate, and number of stairs I walked. I did not like seeing my heart rate front and center or the fact the layout could not be changed.  I never realized how an app could ruin an experience that seemed to be so perfect and fit all my needs for so many years. Unfortunately, I will not be purchasing a new device by Fitbit again until I have heard that the app has been made more reliable and fun again. 

Best Answer

Me too. Only had it for swimming and I care how many lengths I have done. I don't want to see how many miles or metres, or parts of, I have done and I don't want to have to work it out. Incredibly annoying that has been taken away.

Best Answer

Same for running , it’s no longer an activity or sport tracker for anyone just trying to keep “fit” so it cannot be called a Fitbit , and sadly all due to a run is app downgrade 

Best Answer

They ignored my requests for refund. Second Sense 2 and was sent a refurbished unit rather than a new one. 

-----------

Beyond many. Sent a refurbished replacement that also doesnt work and given hassle by Alejandro a CSR re return. useless. 

Best Answer

It seems like a massive product problem. My charge 5 does not receive a charge and the screen is black. very disappointing that this product is disposable.

Best Answer
Use the charge cable to reset your fitbit watch. It has a little button
closest to the plug. Depress this, hold for 3 seconds and then hopefully it
resets. I have received great assistance from the support chat team. Maybe
try them too,?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes done both. Thanks.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The "colors" are as bland and as non-contrasting as they could possibly have made them...With ALL the pixel colors that are available nowadays. No excuse.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've taken my watch off now. It's completely broken since they changed it over. Terrible app, doesn't record anything or resets itself. I don't like the interface, it's boring and hard to navigate. Never had any issues before now it's unusable and pointless. Time to look elsewhere. Why fix something that actually wasn't broken in the first place!!! 

Best Answer
So sorry to hear this. Hope you find another option that will work for you. Mine is still working just not thrilled with it anymore .
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup sleep tracker is way off, I wake up with over 10,000 step’s every morning, and the battery life is about 1/3 of what it used to be. When I record a walk, it doesn’t record the whole walk. So a company I have been pleased with for 10 years has tanked. For why? Sooo disappointing. Will be looking for something else. The app hasn’t failed in just one area, pretty much every area, and every reason I use it. Loyalty is one thing, but there is a point where you realize you’re being used and it’s time to move on. 

Best Answer

I completely agree it is awful.  Also swimming lengths disappeared.  My fitbit may be joining yours if they don’t listen to their users and make it at least do what it used to.

Best Answer

I waited so long for the Charge 6, been loyal to FBit , it actually is not a bad device for size and what is can do, BUT the app has killed its attraction , very soon I will join you and sadly donate it to the trash can with this ridiculous downgraded app!

Best Answer

Agreed. I used to look at the data after playing football showing what zones I was in. That’s gone and it doesn’t even track the calories burnt correctly anymore. Pointless wearing it 

Best Answer

Have worn mine since 2016 (charge2 initially), and currently am ready to toss as well!  Steps and mileage are totally off the wall. And I have an activity page that hasn't stopped running since my last charge...I don't even know what it is recording.   Totally frustrating. 

Best Answer

my exercise has halved since this upgrade. I’m no longer incentivised by the app and can’t compare my data with previous workouts. Main reason I stayed with Fitbit was to track progress. Now I’ll have to find a different provider.

Best Answer

@Isanera1 

I agree... I went away from FitBit before the pandemic and I came back to a lotnof disappointment 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree, the new app is very plain and boring. 
it doesn’t sync, I have to constantly close the app and then re-load it to get it to sync. 
mot sometimes doesn’t record any sleep and the heart rate is very hit & miss if it records properly. 
The original app looked much more professional AND it worked! 

Best Answer

I totally agree. I have the Fitbit Luxe, and it has worked great for several years, but now the only measurement at night is for the oxygen saturation. All of the other scores are completely blank. It no longer tracks my steps either. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer

Does anyone know if I can just choose not to accept this software update for my C5? It seems to be terrible and I’m quite happy as I am…

Best Answer