Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app Update is terrible

The latest app update for my charge 5 is just awful. Not only is the layout impossible - not remotely intuitive or user friendly, all the data is off - it won’t log my sleep correctly anymore (usually says I slept 2 hours or no hours at all when I slept 7). Resting HR is messed up. 

I’ve worn Fitbit Charge for a few years and have had ever version since version 2. But if there’s not a fix soon, I’ll be tossing this thing and going to another brand altogether. This does absolutely nothing at all to meet my purpose in wearing it. Major QA fail this update! And major thumbs down on the design 

----

Seems like they didn’t both beta testing it at all before the release! I’ve
loved Fitbit for 5 years now and haven’t been tempted to look elsewhere but
I sure am now. My sleep and HR are all messed up too. And they’ve had
plenty of time to fix the glitch since the update - almost seems like this
is what it is going to be!

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

The new update came and now they don't even show miles or calories until you dig further into the app and then they only show data from today and yesterday. No more weekly/monthly averages... No ability to look back to Monday (or any other day that is not today or yesterday).

Oh, and the ads! Yikes. I was fine with Fitbit promotions, but now you get an ad every time you touch the screen. Not cool.

I am over it.  

What are good alternatives to Fitbit. And by "good" I just mean less crappy!  I am ready to leave the Fitbit app and products, and no, not to switch to Pixel since they are the reason Fitbit is failing so miserably.

What alternatives have you found? I don't mind a cheap-o from Temu/AliBaba since the Fitbit product is already cheap. I would rather one that never develops their apps over one that removes features completely.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
I am reading a review comparing Fitbit to Amazfit. It calls Amazfit the
budget version with less features, but with the "upgrade" all those special
features of Fitbit are gone. So I am ordering an Amazon tracker and will
reply to this thread once I have had a chance to play with the app.

R.I.P. Fitbit

Oh, did you all see that Fitbit is now pulling out sales from ALL of Latin
America? They are dumping fast. Good time to get out.
Best Answer

Totally agree. No more percentage of battery, screen layout terrible. Bring back the old version. Definitely update is a step down. 

Best Answer

Battery percentage back, thank you 😊 

Best Answer

Me to and many friends I swim with which I recommend them to get one.  Like you I only bought it to record my lengths

Best Answer

Totally agree, it is a terrible update and should be reversed, not only can you not find things the colour is **ahem** and it is awfully slow on update, I hate it ☹️

Best Answer

I agree-this upgrade really appears to be a downgrade. Graphics are minimal compared to the previous version, heart rate monitoring during my runs is not as clearly visible as before, and the overall site is not as user friendly or robust. 

Best Answer

I completely agree - Google has ruined this product. I, too, have had every charge since 2 and loved it. 5 will still not sync without re-installing the app every time. 6 seems like nothing more than a name change based on the lack of any true innovations.

Time to find an alternative.

Best Answer

I entirely agree with the comments made about the new format, Fitbit have spoilt what was working fine. The changes appear to continue, two weeks ago the graph showing heart rate during exercise has vanished. I exercise regularly walking and biking but also suffer from Atrial Fibrillation and purchase the Fitbit to monitor my exercise in particular my heart rate.

Best Answer

I couldn’t agree more! I’ve had Fitbit for over 6 years and if they don’t fix this app soon (preferably return to the old one!) I, too, will be looking for another brand. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to delete and download the app because it wouldn’t synch properly. Ugh!!! 

Best Answer

I agree completely, I have suffered through about 8 fitbits breaking and failing, often within a year of purchase (or replacement), only sticking with Fitbit because the app was so good, contained all my data going back to my first Fitbit in 2016. Now the App is so difficult to use, shows almost no historic data and frequently crashes in the middle of a run. I have had it with Fitbit and will buy something else as soon as possible. This is presumably the consequence of Google acquiring Fitbit.

Best Answer

No sleep data at all today...and no BR, HRV, or Skin Temp...and therefore also no Readiness Scrore. In days previous, sleep data seemed to take forever to appear. What's up with this?? 

And on the maps for biking or walking, the "different" colors showing different heart rate zones are too similar. Hard to discern when you were in vigorous vs  moderate. With all the colors in the universe, why chose colors that are so close together??!!

Best Answer

Totally agree

I’ve had a Fitbit for years and this is a horrendous update, awful layout, you can’t edit the sport, therefore difficult to sync with other apps like Strava, etc… to name a few! 

Fitbit please go back to the previous app version or I’ll be leaving Fitbit too after years! 

Best Answer

I agree. It is terrible. The data means nothing to me as a senior citizen. No graphs no colors. Bring back the old stuff!

Best Answer

How Fitbit fails to respond to the criticism about the "updated" app is beyond me. I only hope that my watch breaks soon (as it is coming up to 18 months this would be in line with how long my previous Fitbit watches last...) and I will then get a new one, but NEVER again from Fitbit. 

I have called the Fitbit "helpline" and they only say that they "are working on it". Are they really so slow in the development?

Best Answer

Had enough of this Fitbit/Google shambles, just moved my account to Google and lost all my friends, ***WARNING*** you will only see your friends if they move across to Google, they don't tell you that before you move. The update shanbles and now this, that's it my fitbit is in the bin. After 7 years of using Fitbit watches will be trying Apple next. Google I expected better of you shame on you.

Best Answer

Yes it’s such a waste. A good product totally ruined. Mine stopped tracking sleep and health metrics. Such incompetence. The layout designed by people who have absolutely no idea what they are doing. 

Best Answer

Same as you I have had the charge since version 2 and just got the 6, it’s actually a great device . But now it’s compromised as the new app  is rubish , I use it for running and now you can’t scroll your exercise or runs over time , you have go into that day to see what distance you ran. I complained and got the usual thanks we sorry and “ we don’t actually care” as google took over. I regret ordering this device and will move now 

Best Answer

I totally agree. I cannot use the app as I wish, which I previously could do.  I cannot edit my activities, or should I say the app only allows me to change the start and finish times.  If I want to edit "Workout"  and be more specific say, Lower Body or HIIT I cannot do that.  It is only possible on the online account, which hasn't changed. But who wants to continuously go online when the app is readily available,  FitBit needs to fix this.  OR am I missing something here? 

I've loved FitBit and always moved up when I needed to, now with this app as it is I may move on rather than have this frustration.

Best Answer
I agree.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer