Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS is way off Charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 5 GPS is not accurate. Today I ran 4.9 miles but the Fitbit recorder 5.74 miles. The map of my run looked like I was running drunk through yards and houses but I ran right along the edge of the road. Since the distance is wrong, my running pace is way off too. Anyone else having this issue?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Tjhennessy

I appreciate all the information provided about this inconvenience with your Charge 5.  

If the GPS is getting disconnected during your activity, the Charge 5 may track different information for the the distance. Before considering other options, make sure to follow the steps suggested in this article

All devices with GPS sensors require a direct path to GPS satellites to calculate location. A weak GPS signal might affect the accuracy of your route and other activity data. Your device uses your step count to calculate distance until it finds a signal, so the total distance calculated for a workout may be slightly less accurate when GPS isn't available for the entire time. In particular, please make sure of the following: 

• That you are  in open sky and moderate trees
  • Adjust how you wear the tracker when you want to use GPS 
  • Make sure the Location in your phone settings is set to Always or All the time for the Fitbit app (if you're using connected GPS)

If you continue to experience the same behavior and your GPS is getting disconnected, make sure to try following the steps listed in this article to complete a restart, as this has been useful for other users experiencing something similar. 

In case the problem is related to app and your map is not showing correctly, please try these steps as well: 

1. Remove your Charge 5 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Go to your phone's settings, tap Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  3. Go back one screen, tap Force Stop.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Log back in and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  6. Check if the map is correct. 

I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

So far it is working better, but I will check it out for a couple weeks to be sure. In the past it has been accurate, then wildly off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tjhennessy Thanks for sharing this update. Let me know if you continue to experience the same problem. 

See you around in the Community. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes