Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery says "Find My Phone" and "Weather app" supported on Charge 5, but it doesn’t

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I click on 3rd party apps in the Fitbit app, it takes me to the list of all apps for the devices. I saw find my phone- and when I click on it and click supported devices, it says that the Charge 5 is supported. 
But when I try to install it to the device, I get a message that it isn’t supported. 
1) it would be REALLY nice if it were

2) if it’s not, this is false advertising and the page needs to be updated. 
3) am I just missing something at this should work?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members. @alexthecat and @LZeeW Thanks for the heads up!

I've moved your posts to this other thread so we can keep the forums organized. I appreciate your continued reports and feedback. Before anything else, let me clarify that the Weather app isn't available for the Charge 5. I apologize for this inconvenience, this situation has been escalated to our team so they can look into the information displayed in the Fitbit App Gallery and make the proper correction. Your feedback is truly appreciated and we'll keep working to improve the overall Fitbit experience.

In case you want to check what apps and clock faces are available for your tracker, just open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Charge 5 > Gallery. You can also add your vote to this idea posted in the Feature Suggestions board, that way our developers can take it into consideration for new updates or product development.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

"I was able to confirm that the apps you mentioned earlier haven't been released for the Charge 5 yet..."

That's what gets to me, Fitbit's deception. If they haven't been released yet, then why list it a available? 

GridArt_20220224_131030803.png

Best Answer

I agree with Jfgonztz. The issue is false advertising. I recently purchased my device also and was under the impression that I was able to install more apps because the Fitbit gallery listed those apps as available for Charge 5. Will you please confirm that only the following are available for the Charge 5 because these are the only apps that were already installed or which was able to install with a Premium membership on my Charge 5:

Notifications

Exercise

Alarms

Timers

SpO2

Settings

ECG

EDA Scan

Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Hi there, @SunsetRunner and @phetsan.

Thanks for the details and screenshots provided. I understand your point of view and I apologize for this inconvenience. As mentioned above, our team has received your reports about the information displayed in the Fitbit App Gallery, and they'll work on this to make the proper correction.

For more information about what features are included in the Charge 5, see this link. To see what apps can be installed, please refer to the list found in the Fitbit app by tapping your profile picture > Charge 5 > Gallery.

Once again, I truly appreciate your feedback and rest assured it hasn't gone unnoticed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Find my PhoneFor me it says that I need to update my app and my device first, but I am already on the latest firmware and app version.

Best Answer
I just returned my watch, partly because of this
Best Answer

Hi there, @ReadOnly and @Eric123123.

@ReadOnly Thanks for your efforts and the screenshot provided. I understand the Fitbit app says you need an update; however, let me share that the Find my Phone app isn't yet available for the Charge 5. I'm sorry for this inconvenience, this issue has been reported to our team so they can correct it. To see what features are available for your tracker, see this link.

@Eric123123 Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Charge 5. I understand where you're coming from and please know this feedback has been passed along to our team so we can keep working to improve our devices, features and services. You're always welcome back to the Fitbit family.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How is your reporting going @LizzyFitbit ?

More than 3 months passed since your initial post and nothing changed, neither the apps has been made available nor the App store corrected.

More generally, are Fitbit trackers still supported or are effectively abandonware? No firmware updates, no bugs fixed, no suggestion listened, complete unawareness of the big issues from developers and the usual canned responses from the mods do not inspire much trust on Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This answer is rdiculous.  This isnt an inconvenience, this is false advertising, lack of proper communication, and seriously wrong.  And to see that this has been going on for so long really disappoints me.  I just looked into getting the weather app because it was advertised on my phone for my fitbit.  And then find that despite everything says i should be able to get it until the last point when you go to install the app it sats "not available".  DONT advertise that it is available for the Charge 5 if it isnt.  My next upgrade will not be to Fitbit after the 5 or so years i have been using them.  Very disappointing.

Best Answer

It did work on my Charge 5, but it suddenly isn’t working. I started having this problem recently & I did everything mentioned: I turned Bluetooth on & off, made sure Bluetooth is connected to charge 5 & made sure app is running on phone, reset charge 5 & turned phone on & off & still not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes