Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the clock format on my Charge 5?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I change the calendar date format dislayed on my Charge5 to DD/MM/YYYY?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there, @DaveWoan. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. I'll be glad to help you with the clock format on your Charge 5.

Does your phone and Fitbit app show the clock format you desire? Please note that if your Charge 5 keeps showing in a wrong clock format, try switching to a clock face that actually shows the format you're looking for. In my own experience, I have set a few clock faces that only show 12 hr format even when I have set my clock to 24 hrs. So, I recommend choosing a different clock face. For more information, see How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DaveWoan 

I believe the date format is currently not customizable on any of the Charge 5 clock faces and as far as I could tell none of them use DD/MM/YYYY format.

You might want to consider using a clock face that has date format: Mmm dd. At least this format uses 3 letters for the month instead of numbers.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response.

Thanks MarreFitBit

I want to change the date format, from the US standard of MM/DD/YYYY (i.e. December 18, 2023) over to the UK standard of DD/MM/YYYY (i.e. 18 December 2023).  I have already switched between clock faces and 12/24h format, but have been unable to change the date format away from the US standard.

Can this switch from MM/DD to DD/MM be done on the Charge 5, and how can I make the switch?

Kind regards, Dave

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks ReikoC,

The one I'm currently using is shown in the image.  The MMM DD format works, but us Brits are used to seeing this as Tue 19 DEC.  I keep thinking 'December 2019' 😆

Kind regards, Dave

20231219_075240.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @DaveWoan 

I retired from the pharmaceutical industry where I learned to use date format: DD Mmm YYYY , which avoids confusion for international patients & healthcare providers. 

Fitbit/Google tends to use American data format DD/MM/YYYY, not realizing that this format is interpreted differently outside of the USA. I agree that it would be a good feature to allow date format customization for our international users. I saw that the Product Feedback forum has a few feature requests for customizable date format. The latest one is: Observe regional settings for date settings on Charge 6 . It might be worth adding your vote & comment to this feature request.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes