Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update firmware on Charge 5 using apple computer

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've turned both my phone and my Charge off and on but it still won't do the firmware update from my phone app. Now I'm trying to do it through the website but can't find where or how to do it. Help?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, it's good to see you visiting the Community forums for the first time, @jo_burns

Thank you for sharing your inquiry about the firmware update for the Charge 5. 

Please note that these updates are released progressively, it starts with a small percentage and then it extends to the whole Community of users. 

Don't worry if you haven't received it yet, you should have it available soon as well, and I recommend that you check periodically in the Fitbit app. You can find more instructions in this article to complete it, but keep in mind that you won't be able to proceed with the update until you see the red banner available in the Fittbit app. 

Have a great day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jo_burns  You can't do this update from your Mac.  It isn't compatible.  You must do it from your mobile app. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated my Charge 5 firmware hoping it would fix my sudden battery depletion issue that started about 10 days ago. The battery draw down was normal until it would get to about 40% after which it would go to critically low in minutes. 

I know the update was successful because I can see the ‘find my phone’ widget, but the battery issue is now even worse. Now the battery completely discharges in about an hour rendering the unit useless. 

Please help!  The unit is about 7 months old. 

Best regards, 

DPMRDU

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you mean by soon? Pretty frustrating how long this is taking.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what if it’s not working to do it on the mobile app? I tried a few times and it just says loading for longer than an hour! Is that normal?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thank you for all your replies about the firmware update. 

@DPMRDU Before considering other options, please make sure that you've tried all the steps listed in this thread to improve battery life in general. However, if you already have the latest firmware version installed and you continue to have the same issue, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. They will let you know how to proceed. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. You can click here to get connected.

@dc9husker @jo_burns Let me know if you were able to complete the update. It seems that most users have already received it. If you experience any problem to complete it, you can find some recommendations in this article as well. 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for reaching out. I finally got the update, but my fitbit would not update. It kept disconnecting. Called support and they walked me through several attempts, and still no go. They shipped me out a replacement, and I was able to update it successfully. Have been wearing it for several days and the battery issue is fixed on this new tracker. Frustrating month without being able to wear it, but all is good now.

Moderator edit: removed personal info. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dc9husker Thank you for sharing this update. 

I'm sorry to see that it wasn't possible to resolve the problem, but it's good to know that you've received a replacement and that it's working properly. 

Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes