Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconclusive Readings

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I constantly get the "inconclusive reading" when running an ecg.  The display says my heart rate is about 100 so it is neither too low nor too high for a reading (according to the manual) .  So what is the problem? I have double checked where I wear it on my wrist (two finger lengths away) so I feel that I should be getting either an AFIB reading or a NORMAL SINUS reading?  Help! Im about ready to buy a Kardia Mobile or an Apple Watch!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Marymellen and welcome to the Community.  Fitbit's Help article lists three reasons for Inconclusive readings:

• Moving too much during the assessment
  • Not resting your hands on a table
  • You have a different arrhythmia

The Help article includes additional troubleshooting tips.  I also include squeezing too tight with your finger and thumb as a reason.  A tight squeeze can look like muscle movement "noise".  If you keep getting inconclusive, then maybe you should forward one to you doctor.  My husband's cardiologist specializes in abnormal heart rhythms.  He was skeptical about Fitbit's ECG app until my husband showed him some  print outs of his.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Marymellen and welcome to the Community.  Fitbit's Help article lists three reasons for Inconclusive readings:

• Moving too much during the assessment
  • Not resting your hands on a table
  • You have a different arrhythmia

The Help article includes additional troubleshooting tips.  I also include squeezing too tight with your finger and thumb as a reason.  A tight squeeze can look like muscle movement "noise".  If you keep getting inconclusive, then maybe you should forward one to you doctor.  My husband's cardiologist specializes in abnormal heart rhythms.  He was skeptical about Fitbit's ECG app until my husband showed him some  print outs of his.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks for the suggestions - Have tried and tried again but still keep getting Inconclusive.  I know my heart rate is about 100 so that shoud not be the problem.  I did try not squeezing too hard but that didn't help either.  Uhhhhhggggrrrr! Its very frustrating.  Seems as if it should be AFIB or Normal in order for it to be of any benefit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there!

My ecg is giving me 'Inconclusive' results whenever my pulse rate is between 100 and 120 bpm. Fitbit stated that it should be able to assess the heart rhythm below 120bpm. Even when my pulse rate is 109bpm, it still show 'Inconclusive'.

I have done whatever the support team suggested but to no avail.

At last, their solution for me was they gave me generic guidelines/troubleshooting on using the ecg such as 

-Keep your index finger and thumb on your Fitbit wrist-worn product for the duration of the assessment.

-Check the fit of your Fitbit wrist-worn product. It should feel comfortably secure, not too loose or too tight. Wear it a finger’s width above your wrist bone. For more information, see help.fitbit.com.

-Move away from other electronics to prevent interference.

-And blah blah blah...

It's FRUSTRATING.

I guess they don't even have the solution to the problem we faced....

Best Answer
0 Votes