Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect time setting after changing time zone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Three days ago I travelled from the States to Valencia, Spain via Lisbon, Portugal.  My Fitbit Charge 5 updated its time correctly in Portugal but has not updated the additional one hour time change since I flew to Valencia.  How do I get the correct Spanish time on my Fitbit?   The sync with my iPhone is working.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Jillzz , I travel frequently with my Fitbit to different time zones.  As you have noted, sometimes it works just fine and sometimes it stubbornly refuses to update even though it is syncing.

To solve this issue please go to your app.  From the front page click on the person photo/icon to take you to the account page.  On the account page scroll down to app settings and check your timezone.  If the timezone is incorrect, turn off auto timezone, and choose the correct timezone and then sync.

If your timezone is CORRECT, but the time on your Fitbit is still incorrect, then turn off auto timezone and choose any INCORRECT timezone and sync your Fitbit.  Makes sure it really does sync.

Next return to the timezone setting, and this time choose the CORRECT timezone and sync again.  That should force an update and the Fitbit should now show the correct time.

Once it is showing the correct time, you can turn auto timezone back to ON if you like.

I hope this helps.  Let us know how it goes.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @Jillzz , I travel frequently with my Fitbit to different time zones.  As you have noted, sometimes it works just fine and sometimes it stubbornly refuses to update even though it is syncing.

To solve this issue please go to your app.  From the front page click on the person photo/icon to take you to the account page.  On the account page scroll down to app settings and check your timezone.  If the timezone is incorrect, turn off auto timezone, and choose the correct timezone and then sync.

If your timezone is CORRECT, but the time on your Fitbit is still incorrect, then turn off auto timezone and choose any INCORRECT timezone and sync your Fitbit.  Makes sure it really does sync.

Next return to the timezone setting, and this time choose the CORRECT timezone and sync again.  That should force an update and the Fitbit should now show the correct time.

Once it is showing the correct time, you can turn auto timezone back to ON if you like.

I hope this helps.  Let us know how it goes.  Welcome to the forums!

Best Answer

Hi, @Jillzz , I received your message: “I have no apps listed on account page.   Just tiles.  Can’t find place to change time zone. 
help

jillzz”

Please open your Fitbit app.  On the opening screen click on the person icon/photo on the top left hand side of the opening (Today) screen.

Clicking on the person icon/photo will take you to the Account screen.  On that screen scroll down and click on “app settings”. That will take you to the screen where you will find “time zone”.  Check what time zone is listed.  Toggle the “auto timezone” to off in order to change the time zone.

Here’s a pic to help:

E812AACE-5788-4FB1-BC62-37D93C27B33B.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for excellent advice.
Best Answer