Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loosing charge after being in pool

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
  • I wore my Fitbit Charge 5 in the pool for the first time today.  It had 35% charge this morning. After being in the pool about 2 hrs it was dead. I’ve charged it twice in the last 5 hrs and it’s almost dead again. What’s wrong?
Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, @Mah5254, welcome to the community, your Charge 5 is water-resistant and safe for swimming, getting it wet will not be a problem unless it is damaged. The state of charge depends on what you are doing, for instance using the dynamic or onboard GPS will increase battery drain dramatically. You may be interested in this article Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?  which has advice and guidance on charging issues.

I hope this helps but if you are still stuck please post here again.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The device is charging it just isn’t holding the charge. Customer support advised they are aware of a problem and are working on it. Fine, except my device is now useless. I left it in the charger all night. It’s now been 20 minutes and charge has dropped to 50%.  In another 20 minutes it will be to zero. Unacceptable!!!

Best Answer

Try a restart

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I did try that last night. Didn’t help.

Mary Alice Hauer
Sent from my iPhone with fat fingers. Please excuse any typos.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem   Thought it was just my Fitbit.  Guess there is a problem out there.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check out the other threads on battery life. Seems that we are all experiencing this and it likely isn’t related to the pool.

Best Answer

Just spoke with customer service. They ran some test and are sending me a new one .... recommend on calling customer service  1-877-623-4997   great customer service ...very pleased  My fitbit charge 5 is only9 weeks old, and I have been in the pool plenty of times since I got it..

Best Answer
Thank you!

Mary Alice Hauer
Sent from my iPhone with fat fingers. Please excuse any typos.
Best Answer
0 Votes