Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Charge 5 battery cannot be recharged

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am a Fitball lover for years and I liked to use Fitbit new products. I brought this new Charge 5 nine months ago in the Broadway Electric Shop in Yuen Long. It ran properly until yesterday that I recharged the Band and it had no response. Please tell me how can I repair it. 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, I appreciate all the information that you've provided about this inconvenience with your Charge 5, @Waiman

In case there's any problem related to the battery not charging properly, please make sure that you've followed the steps provided in this article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? 

In addition, there are some general recommendations that are usually helpful with any type of display issues, in case the device is charging but the screen is completely black: 

1. Complete the 3 pulse restart procedure method using the charging cable.
  2. Please sync your device in the Fitbit app. 
  3. If you  can't sync:
    • Remove the device in the Fitbit app.
    • Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
    • Set up the device again.
  4. If it's still unresponsive, please try changing the clock face as well and check if you're able to see anything on the display. 

Hope this helps, I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all these things and my 5-month-old Charge 5 will run down from 100% charge to 0 in less than 1 hour. Originally, it would run for about a week, then 2 or 3 days, then a day, now less than 1 hour. How do I get it repaired or replaced?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry that I have tried all the solutions you proposed but still there is no display in my Charge 5. I want to know how I can get a replacement in Hong Kong?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community, @pjj03291950, and thank you for your reply, @Waiman

A new firmware has been released recently that should help with any battery draining problems and several display issues. This is progressive roll out and it's still in the process of being released, so you should receive it soon as well. Once you see the red banner in the Fitbit app, make to complete the firmware update. You can find more information in how to complete it in this article

Let me know if you continue to have the same problem after the update. 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Moderator,
I am really very disappointed in your new product, Charge 5 and I do not
want this product to ruin your brand-name. It has let me losing confidence
in your Fitbit product.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Waiman I'm sorry to see that you didn't have the best experience with your Charge 5. Please know that all your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated and the team continues to work to improve the quality of products and services.  

In case that you already completed the latest firmware update and you continue to experience the same problem, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. They will let you know how to proceed. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. You can click here to get connected.

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have tried this

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @cholman48

Thank you for confirming that you've been experiencing the same problem with the Charge 5. 

Since you already tried the steps mentioned earlier and you continue to experience the same problem with the display, I do recommend that continue the communication with the Customer Support for further assistance with this. They will let you know how to proceed and you can click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes