Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Charge 5 began constantly rebooting, followed by a constant Fitbit logo and now its gone Black.

Hello Everyone!

Well, I find myself in the same boat as many on these forums, an owner of a dead Fitbit Charge 5.

Here is probably the best summary of my issue. 

My Charge 5 had been working flawlessly (and has never been abused) since I purchased it some time ago that is until yesterday evening.  This was when I noticed the Charge 5 was constantly rebooting.  The charge was at about 20% and hadn't been connected to power or manually synced with my phone so to put it simply, I wasn't "playing" with it at all.  Not sure what to do, I connected it to the charging cable and it appeared to be charging and I could connect to it with the app only briefly before it would reboot again.  After an hour or so the Charge 5 was almost fully charged but still rebooting.  I walked away from it for a bit and when I came back the screen was stuck displaying the Fitbit logo.  The Charge 5 wasn't responding to touch or allowing connection from the app any longer.  As it was late I left it alone only to wake up and find it now on a black screen.  I have reconnected it to power but nothing comes up on the screen. 

I have tried the reset button method several times but it doesn't appear to be working. Thoughts anyone?  Has anyone experienced the same sequence of events?

Its times like this it would be nice if there was a desktop app we could use to diagnose any firmware issues and perhaps allow us the ability to force a reinstall of the OS.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @TheGrimm welcome to the community, for the sake of clarity may I suggest you review this video at 1:29 to confirm the restart process? Try changing the clock face, as demonstrated here. if you are still stuck. A factory reset should only be used if these steps fail. Make sure you sync your Fitbit app before proceeding as demonstrated here. 

If you are still stuck your best way forward will be to talk to "Customer Support" using the chat facility or phone for a prompt response. It's a good idea to note the steps you've taken & the result so you can brief the agent clearly.

You do not mention how long you've had your Charge 5, check if you still have the benefit of Fitbit's return and warranty policy

Note the warranty varies depending on where you are, whom you bought it from & when.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, my Charge 5 is currently in a state that makes all your suggestions moot. I will likely have to contact support directly.  I have had the Charge 5 for about a year and a half and, unfortunately, there isn't a longer warranty period for these devices given the money spent.  I may have to shop around for an alternative device, but we'll see.

Best Answer
0 Votes