Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Charge 5 will not charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 5 is only 2 months old. I put it on the charger and the battery shows that it charges. Fitbit logo also appears. When I remove the tracker from the charger,  the battery level shows again 1% and will not start. I have reset the tracker several times but it  still does not hold the charge.  I have disconnected it from the app and reconnected but does not work.  Any clues?

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hello, welcome back to the Community forums, @YiannaV

Thank you for the information provided regarding the issue with your Charge 5 and the troubleshooting steps that you already tried. 

If this is related to the battery, please make sure that you've followed the steps provided in this article, or let me know if you already tried all of these recommendations.  

If the device is charging, but the screen is completely black, make sure that you've also completed the restart procedure using the charging cable. 

I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Yianna,

I am facing the same issue. My Fitbit Charge 5 doesn't charge even after following all the steps provided to troubleshoot. The only option is a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Paraasaran Thanks for sharing this information. 

I've sent you a reply about this in this thread as well. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your kind response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having similar issues, have tried the reboot several times, still seeing black screen, doesn't seem to be charging either but between my plugging into different power sources and briefly getting the charge upto 20%, it did track my steps and sync, any ideas?

Best Answer

Hello,

Looks like there is no other way other than to get your device replaced. I tried a lot of different troubleshooting methods however, my device won’t charge. Fitbit support would guide you if your device is under warranty. 

hang in there till you get support! 

cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that, it's still under warranty, bought it in July, starting using it in September so it's super new, this is the first issue......

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's now saying it's fully charged but still got a blank screen? So strange?

It's also tracking my steps and HR - any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community forums, @Will_FB_L

Thank you for sharing that you've been having the same inconvenience with your Charge 5 and for confirming that you already tried a few troubleshooting steps. 

I've been informed that you already contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance with this and it seems they've shared some instructions with you. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. 

@Paraasaran No problem! 

Have a good day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes