Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 white screen

I bought it in 2021 and have used it without any issues.

recently, it sometimes went black like a image i attached, and it re-worked well after I restarted the device by pressing the cable button three times.

but now, No matter how many times I reboot, the screen remains the same.

My phone synchronizes well, and I can receive vibration notifications from the fitbit device.

I'm living in Korea, and I want to know how I can repair my device and how much the repair cost is.

went black.jpg

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there, @spidercores. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, for the troubleshooting steps you've tried, and for the image attached. I'm sorry to hear that the screen is still blank. I understand where your concern is coming from, I will do my best to help you with this!

To better assist you, please make sure you've restarted your Fitbit device as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device?. If the restart doesn't work try to change your clock face. If this fixes the issue, you can change your clock face back to the original clock face.

Regarding your inquiry, n
ote that we don't have repair centers in any country where Fitbit devices are sold.

If your Fitbit device suffers damage while under warranty, please contact Customer Support. Discounts and replacements depend on tracker model and other factors.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is evident this is happening to many people with no solution (restart, refresh sync or uploading new clock just do not work) and all Fitbit can say is "Warranty". Not good enough. The whole brand is quite possibly dead to me which will at least save my phone battery constant drain! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Gus73. Welcome on board. I'm sorry to hear that the screen of your Charge 5 is also not working. I appreciate you for taking the time to fix the issue prior to posting here. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

Even though I truly appreciate you took the time to come here and express your feelings towards your experience with your Charge 5 and also want to find a resolution to your issue, my best advice is to keep the conversation with our Support Team. Note for this kind of inquiries/cases/process, there's not so much we here in the forums can do for you as this is something that our team handles based on our policies. 

Thanks in advance!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response.
Unfortunately, neither of the two solutions worked. While the device vibrates and syncs, the screen remains white.
Since I purchased this product in March 2022, it seems the warranty period has expired.
Considering after-sales service, I might need to look into other products.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes