Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with Charge 5 and Customer Service

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am very frustrated with Fitbit and my Charge 5.  For the past month I have noticed that the battery life is severely diminished and now a fully charged device only last 5-6 hours.  Fitbit won’t warranty the device because it is slightly over a year old.  They offered me a discount on a new device but why would I buy another one when there are so many complaints regarding battery life with the Charge 5?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there, @Mariner_1. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

Thanks for your question about why we offered a discount towards a new Fitbit product instead of a replacement of your existing Fitbit product. Our limited warranty provides repair or replacement of products that have a defect while still in the warranty period. Your device is out of the warranty period, and therefore is not eligible for repair or replacement, but we want to offer you a discount to thank you for your loyalty to Fitbit.

For more information about our warranty, see fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am sorry but I do not think this as an acceptable answer. Fitbit has known problems with the Charge 5 batteries.

Best regards

Rupert

Sent from mobile phone
Best Answer

@Mariner_1 , I agree with you 100%.

Poor @MarreFitbit is still in denial about Fitbit and its either incompetent or unscrupulous way of doing business now that they have been acquired,,,

Best Answer

I am very irritated with Fitbit (Google) and their stance on this issue.  There are known issues with battery life and the Charge 5.  I resuscitated my 7 year old Charge 2 and it still works well and has reasonable battery life.  I am looking at other trackers/companies now for my next device.

Best Answer

Where is fitbit's loyalty. You and Google will soon not have customers.  

-------

I had a Garmin and loved it. Then the band broke but you couldn't get a replacement band. So I was annoyed. Thats when I bought this little horror Charge 5. I'm now thinking of Gaffa taping the Garmin to my wrist. 

-------

Sorry all your Charge 5 are having problems. Your just ignoring it. Even to the point of being depremental to my health. 

--------

I'm in that boat too. Why would you buy another faulty product?? A recall is what is needed. 

--------

Why are you not recalling this product. It is so obvious that there is problems with it. What is bricking??

DO A RECALL. FULL REFUND. 

Why are you sinking this company. 

Best Answer

Right? The amount of time I spent arguing with customer service before my watch was end of warranty was too much, now I have to contact them every week. It's always something new, and I swear I could work for them, I know ALL the lines and troubleshooting tactics. Sadly none of them work...why would I shell out more money (screw the discount) to experience more frustration when they release updates that kill the watch? I was charged to 100% before bed last night, watch was dead when I woke up (according to sleep tracking, it died 5 hours 42 minutes into my sleep).

If you can't sell a QUALITY item at a price point, don't. Just DON'T.

Best Answer

I think it is irresponsible for google aka Fitbit to not acknowledge that there is a serious issue with Charge 5 battery life.  My 6 yr old Charge 2 still has a battery life of more than 5 days despite all the abuse it has suffered over the years.  It still far surpasses the reliability of the Charge 5.

Best Answer