Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No GPS after update Charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After a recent update my Charge 5 can no longer find my phone so no GPS.  

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @CLW500

Thank you for sharing all these details about the inconvenience you've been having with your Charge 5. 

I've been informed that you already contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance with this and it seems they've provided you with more information. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. 

See you around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
Thanks for your post.  Yes, I did chat with customer service, but they were no help.  At first they gave me a bunch of excuses about bad GPS signals, then they finally admitted that they are aware of the problem but gave no solution until they come up with a fix.  No GPS in the meantime.  No idea how long it will bake.

Cindy Weiper
Best Answer

Same here. Went through all the troubleshooting procedures with support but in the end built-in GPS is still not working properly. 

I think that it is ridiculous that they brought the Charge 5 to market not fully functioning, and marketing it as the first Fitbit with built-in GPS! I would have gotten a different brand (Garmin) if I would have known that the built-in GPS doent work.

Best Answer

Yes, the internal GPS never worked properly.  However, my fitbit did work well when I used my phone's GPS.  But now, since the update, that doesn't work at all.  Am thinking about returning as it is still under warranty.  

Best Answer

I have the same problem with my Charge 5 -  GPS worked fine (likely from my iPhone), until the latest firmware update 2 weeks ago - now GPS fails to connect.  The ONLY thing I did was the firmware update for the Charge 5.  Fitbit software on my iPhone still has access to iPhone location, so iPhone should be allowing Fitbit app access to GPS.

It sure seems to me the firmware update has a bug. Fitbit online docs do not help, and this is the first I have found online about this problem - that’ thanks for everyone starting/communicating this thread

Best Answer

Sure hope they can fix this soon.  There must be a lot of us experiencing this problem.  Thanks for your post.

Best Answer

I have a similar problem.  My GPS will connect, but it cuts off before I have finished my walk.  I think the Charge still keeps up with it, but it no longer tracks on my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, I appreciate all the feedback and that you've shared so far about this issue. I'm sorry to see that you're still having this inconvenience. 

As some of you mentioned, there are few troubleshooting steps that are usually helpful with these type of issues. If you're new to this thread, please make sure that you've tried the steps listed in this other thread of the Community. 

I've been informed that some of you were able to get in touch with the Customer Support team. In this case, and since you already tried some of the basic steps shared in the forums, I do recommend that you continue the communication with them so they can let you know what are the options available for you. You can click here to get connected.

Thanks again for all the information provided so far. The team continues to work to improve the Fitbit experience and your feedback is a big part of that process. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes