Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting texts on Charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Id like to disable my email notifications on my C5 but enable my texts only. I get emails buzzing all day long but texts do not come through. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Hammerransom

I appreciate all the information provided about this issue with your Charge 5. 

To disable the email notifications, you can go to your dashboard and tap on your profile picture > Tap on Charge 5 > Tap on Notifications > Tap on email notifications and make sure they're turned off, you'll find the option at the top to disable it. You can repeat the same process to activate the text notifications. 

If you haven't done so already, you can also try the follow all the steps listed here to resolve problems with text notifications. This has been useful for other users experiencing the same problem. 

In addition to the steps mentioned earlier, make sure that you have the latest version of the Fitbit app installed and to check all the compatibility requirements here. Keep in mind that you won’t see notifications on your Fitbit device if you turned on the Do Not disturb Icon or Sleep Mode. 

Hope this helps, I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply. I managed to get the email notifications disabled, but still cannot get texts. To disable emails I had to go to Account > Charge 5 > Notifications > Apps and then disable my Mail app from that menu that lists all apps from my iPhone. Email is not listed as a main heading under Notifications like "Calls" "Text Messages" and ""Calendar Events". 
As for texts, yes, I followed the steps a couple of times and even un-paired and re-paired the device with my phone's bluetooth. Not sure what else to do. My wife got a C5 at the same time and I set hers up for her and she gets texts no problem, same type of phone too (iPhone 13) so it is weird why I am not able to get mine to work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hammerransom Thank you for your reply and for confirming that you already tried all the steps suggested. 

You could also try disabling the notifications completely to then set them up again from the beginning and make sure all the permissions and authorizations and enabled for the Fitbit app in your phone's settings. 

If you continue to experience the same problem, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. They will let you know how to proceed. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. You can click here to get connected.

See you around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes