Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification settings

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone else know how to turn off all notifications on my Fitbit 5?
Now.. just to clarify, I've already dis-selected all possible notifications via the app and via the web log-in portal with the exception of battery level; but for some reason the fitbit constantly pushes notifications of new email arrivals from the attached gmail account to the fitbit. 
Quite honestly, I would have gotten a smart watch if I wanted to be notified, not this fitbit.  
Can anyone either instruct me to correct or elevate this to the tech team for implamentation as a feature option vs. always push?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @SunsetRunner 

I don't want notifications either as I just want to use my Charge 5 as a tracker, nothing else.  I don't get any from emails etc.

I'm not sure if you've done this one as well, but going from the Today screen in the App, tapping your profile picture, then Charge 5, then Notifications and making sure they're all set to Off, seems to work for me.  You can also tap on App Notifications underneath and ensure they're all toggled off too.

Also, if you want to make a suggestion, there's a Feature Suggestion area here, that could be good to try.

Feature Suggestions for Trackers 

I hope that helps a bit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @SunsetRunner 

I don't want notifications either as I just want to use my Charge 5 as a tracker, nothing else.  I don't get any from emails etc.

I'm not sure if you've done this one as well, but going from the Today screen in the App, tapping your profile picture, then Charge 5, then Notifications and making sure they're all set to Off, seems to work for me.  You can also tap on App Notifications underneath and ensure they're all toggled off too.

Also, if you want to make a suggestion, there's a Feature Suggestion area here, that could be good to try.

Feature Suggestions for Trackers 

I hope that helps a bit.

Best Answer

@Wibby 
Following these steps did indeed bring me to a separate subset of notifications I had not previously discoverd where I just disabled email notification.
Thank you for sharing the knowledge!

Best Answer

Wonderful!  I'm so glad!  Have a peaceful, notification free New Year @SunsetRunner !

Best Answer
0 Votes