Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have bought the fitbit charge 5 few days ago. The first time I set it up, I used my old samsung phone, which has android 8 on it. Everything seemed to work fine by that moment, but the app gave the advise that due to the old android version, some functionality could be missing.

So then I tried to sync my other cellphone, with andorid 11, in the middle I started to use my google account. The problem is that the new cell phone for some reason is unable to connect to the fitbit watch. And now I can't log in using the old phone with andorid 8, because it says that the email or password are wrong (which I know are not, because it is the same I use to log in here), and when I try to reset the password, the app says it will send an email to reset, but the email is never sent.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Fitbit community, @Enzo87!

Sad to hear that you're having trouble setting up your new Charge 5. As you phone has to run on Android 9 or higher to meet Fitbit's current system requirements, I'd suggest to remove your device from both Fitbit apps on both phones first. Next please uninstall the Fitbit app from your old Samsung phone which is running Android 8. Then erase your Charge 5 as described here:

Charge 5 User Manual - Update, Restart, and Erase - Erase Charge 5 

Finally please start setting up your Charge 5 from scratch on your phone running Android 11 following these instructions:

How do I get started with Fitbit Charge 5? 

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer

Hi Talahthas. Thank you for the feedback. I have already done exactly those steps and the problem persist. The phone with android 11 was recognized when I set up the app for the first time, but then in the app I can't sync it with the fitbit. I was thinking in returning the item, I bought it through amazon, but I'm afraid that as I have already used it they won't refund me.

Best,
Enzo

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome, @Enzo87
Before throwing the towel, I'd suggest having a closer look here to hopefully get your syncing issues fixed:

Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Also please make sure that your Android system is up to date and you're using the latest version of the Fitbit app by checking for available updates on the Google App Store.

Btw, Amazon's return policy allows returns for most items within 30 days of receipt of shipment:

Amazon Returns Policies 

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer

Hi. I have realized my phone has android 12, not 11. It still doesn't work. Here is what I see in the app.pic_1.jpeg

pic_2.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes