Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Riding a motorcycle counts as steps Charge 5.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Riding my Vespa scooter counts as steps.  Dumb, seriously dumb.  Has this not been tested?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, welcome back to the Fitbit Community forums, @SunsetRunner. 

Thank you for sharing your inquiry about the Charge 5.  

As you mentioned earlier, unfortunately it is an expected device behavior at the moment for the device to count steps during a driving activity. Currently there isn't a Driving Mode feature available to avoid these extra steps. However, I do recommend that you vote for this idea posted in the Feature Suggestion board of the Community, since this is helpful for the team of developers to continue to track popularity and demand over time. 

Keep in mind that you can’t delete steps and floors; instead, you can log a non-step-based activity such as driving to override the steps or floors recorded; you can check this article for more information. Other users have also found useful to connect the device to the charger while driving, as this prevents the device from counting any steps, but this is more helpful for short drives.  

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about this. The team of developers continues to work to improve the quality of products and services. 

Have a great day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Davide: I checked the article you linked and I did not see where to log a non-step activity. I do ride a motorcycle and have always been frustrated as to how it logs it as steps. I agree with the other commentators, you beed to find a simple way to put the Fitbit into a Drive mode so it does not erroneously record a driving activity. I see tge comments go back to 2914.  It is now 2022, and nothing has been done to resolve this.

Best Answer

@FitRichardD Thank you for sharing your comments and feedback about this as well. 

A driving mode hasn't been added to Fitbit devices yet, but you can log a driving activity to override the data recorded. You can follow these steps: 

Fitbit app

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes