Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutdown Charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is it possible to shutdown the Charge 5 (like for instance the Versa 3)?

Gr, Martin

Martin
Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Unfortunately, no (and I don't understand why).

Best Answer

Thanks...

Then I think I will go for the Versa 3.

Martin.

Martin
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it's because there is no physical butons. So no way to power up after shutdown

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thank you for your inquiry about the Charge 5, @martin.manders @KelseyClubb

As you guys mentioned earlier, unfortunately there's no option on the Charge 5 to turn off the tracker completely. This is a feature that is mostly available with Fitbit watches, as you can check here. What you can currently do on the device is to turn off the screen by covering the tracker face with your opposite hand or turn your wrist away from your body. Note that if you turn on the always-on display setting, the screen won't turn off.  

Even though this option is not available, I would recommend that you post this idea in the Feature Suggestion board of the Community, since this section is regularly monitored by the team of developers. Make sure to post your idea including as many details as possible. 

Have a great day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

I assume it has do not disturb feature like on the Sense and versa. Otherwise that thing would annoy my wife and I all night!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is possible to shutdown the Versa as well as the Sense...

Greetings,

Martin
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thank you for your inquiry, @mikeyt1818

Yes, Charge 5 has both Do Not Disturb Mode and Sleep Mode available. You can find more information about these features and where to find them in the Charge 5 user manual

@martin.manders Thanks for you question as well about the Versa and Sense. Yes, you can turn off both of these watches, you can find the instructions on how to do this in this article

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I purchased a Sense as well as a Charge 5. The Sense, is being used as my primary device and the Charge 5 as a backup device. I put the Charge 5 on the charger, so it would have a full battery when I shut it down. 

But now, I don't see a way to power it down. 

Am I just supposed to let the power fade until the device dies?

I'm getting tired of this popup message that appears on my phone, telling me that a Charge 5 device has been found and, do I want to pair it? How can I make that message go away? Please advise.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PlanoPaul Thank you for your reply and for sharing this information. 

As you mentioned earlier, the Charge 5 doesn't have a option completely turn the device off. I would recommend that you post this idea in the Feature Suggestion board of the Community, since this section is regularly monitored by the team of developers. Make sure to post your idea including as many details as possible. 

Regarding the message that you're getting on your phone, could you please provide a few extra details? Let me know if this message appears on the screen when you open your Bluetooth settings or if it just randomly appears on your screen. 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Of course there's a way.  Plug it into the charger, and don't say you can't turn it on if you don't have the charger, you just don't turn it off if no charger is available.  At least you can turn it off! Hello Fitbit?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, welcome to the Community forums, @jgergetz

Thanks for sharing your comments about the Charge 5. 

Let me know if you're referring to the restart procedure that you complete using the charging cable? This will reset the device, but it won't permanently turn it off. 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes