Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep App - Benchmarks

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I really like the premium sleep app but for several reasons think it would be more useful to compare stages using time spent in each stage rather than percentage of total sleep in each stage. Personally, my total time asleep can vary greatly from one night to the next. If it differs for me alone, I'm sure it differs from others as well.

I assume your programmers are attempting to find a common starting place, i.e. total sleep equals 100% but isn't it more that amount of time spent in each stage that matters and the percent of total somewhat irrelevant? If I'm missing something here, you could always compare to the benchmarks based on both absolute time and percent too.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@BillyDB   I apologize if I am misreading your post. "Benchmark" has more than one definition and Fitbit has always used the term to mean comparing you to others.  Specifically, to the same sex and age range as you.  Years ago, Premium users had access to a lot of benchmarked data, not just sleep.  There is some sleep information available and it might be the information you are looking for.  When you tap on your sleep tile, there are four graphs available by swiping.  One is your Hours in Sleep Stages.  You can expand it and rotate it to landscape.  Does this information meet your needs?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi LZeeW, Currently, the premium sleep app compares actual sleep stages to
two benchmarks ( 1) my 30 day average and 2) other users with my
demographic) as a percent of total sleep time. I am suggesting that the
absolute hours spent in each stage is more important than the percentages
and that the comparisons should be made using hours instead of or in
addition to the percentages.

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Best Answer
0 Votes

@BillyDB   I suggested other information that is available on the app.  Please look at it and see if it works for you.  It isn't a Premium feature.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Right, the other info you suggested does, sort of meet my interests, in part. The bar chart with stacked hours spent in sleep stages is kind of similar to a comparison to the 30 day average time spent in stages. It offers daily info and good for depicting a trend but not as succinct a summary. Never-the-less, I had forgotten about this view when I made the initial post and am grateful for the reminder. It is useful. I still think, however, that the 30 day average comparison would be more useful on a time scale than in the percentage format.

I also still think that the comparison to others of my gender and age, which I don't see presented in any alternative format, would also be more useful on a time scale than in the percentage format.

Best Answer
0 Votes