Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Charge 5, adding weather app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I think Fitbit should update the Charge 5 like adding weather app or the option to play or change music while you work out 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, welcome to the Community forums, @Kevsanf

Thank you for sharing your inquiry about the Charge 5. 

All of these ideas would be really helpful for many users. 

I would recommend that you vote for these existing ideas posted in the Feature Suggestion board of the Community, since this section is regularly monitored by the team of developers and this is always of great help to continue to track popularity and demand over time: 

Have a great day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, welcome to the Community forums, @Kevsanf

Thank you for sharing your inquiry about the Charge 5. 

All of these ideas would be really helpful for many users. 

I would recommend that you vote for these existing ideas posted in the Feature Suggestion board of the Community, since this section is regularly monitored by the team of developers and this is always of great help to continue to track popularity and demand over time: 

Have a great day. 

Best Answer

Please add weather app and other features that have been removed from fitbit charge 5

weather app and agenda is mandatory 

Reviews on YouTube and internet don’t explain that charge 5 is not a really upgrade because fitbit remove basic features 

If I had know that fitbit charge 5 don’t have this apps I won’t had bought the charge 5

the automatic turn on of the display when I try to see de hours don’t works properly and the display just stay dark 

I have to touch the screen to open device 

I will go to YouTube and internet explain people to don’t by fitbit charge 5 

any basic sport bracelet like xiaomi works beater 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @PatríciaCorreia

I appreciate all the feedback you've shared about the new Charge 5 and it features. 

As you mentioned, these features are not available with this device for the moment, but I do recommend that you add your vote and comments to these suggestions posted in the forums: 

Regarding the inconvenience with screen not turning on when turning your wrist, please make sure the Screen Wake option is turned on. You can find this setting by swiping down from the main screen on your device. If you continue to have the same problem, I recommend that you try restarting the device using the three pulse restart method mentioned here below, instead of the restart option found on the Charge 5 itself: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times (end of the USB cable), pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

Hope this helps, I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lack of Weather info, and lack of Music controls are the two reasons that I would likely stop using this fitness band.  I used to use those features in addition to calendar regularly on my versa, and when I upgraded to the charge 5 I just assumed they would be there.  It would be nice to have a statement from Fitbit about wether these can be expected down the road?

weather is huge for when you are about to go on a run, and music controls I would just want during every workout.  Even if this watch is trying to differentiate from a smart watch, those features belong in a fitness band.  I also miss the breathe app and calendar, but nowhere near as much as the weather and music controls.

i do love the form factor, and the weight, but if those features are not already being worked on, I will likely not be a long time user.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Tkadom

Thank you for sharing your feedback about these features as well. 

Unfortunately it's not possible to provide a specific period of time to see some of these features implemented, but it's always useful to vote for these ideas posted in the Community so other users can vote for them and show their support: 

Thanks again for all your comments and information provided. The team continues to work to improve the Fitbit experience and your feedback is an important part of that process. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup. My charge 3 was better functionally. Besides the weather, I also miss the stairs-climbed feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Firanthalasa Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and your experience with the device as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes